What's new

Treet DE Blades - Any Treet Fans?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I gave the treet black beauty a run today. New blade. Same set up using lupo dc
All things considered it’s good/ok. But definitely not as sharp as the dura sharps. At times I felt the rumbling over my face feeling like this was not sharp. On the upper lip and chin the lack of sharpness is evident but otherwise ok shave. This was on two days growth and I had been using the dura sharp on a week.

So far I have tries 3 Treet blades. The Treet Platinum was very good for me. The 7 Days Platinum was good but I liked the Platinum better. The Black Beauty was okay, only got 2 shaves from the blade.

After reading about Treet Durasharp, my curiosity got the better of me and bought some - took a gamble on a 200 pack. They're inexpensive (I refuse to say 'cheap'), so I'm not out much if I don't like them.

So far I've used my first blade for 4 shaves (so I didn't bin it after 1...). It is one of the best blades I've used yet. Excellent, efficient shaves plus very smooth and comfortable. No irritation at all. Definitely better than the Falcon, probably even better than the Classic. It may even equal Voskhod.

These are the blue labeled ones. I have no idea if they are stainless or carbon steel - the package doesn't say. I'll check for rust when it comes out of the razor. I've been doing nothing in an attempt to mitigate rust - just rinse it off and put it away. So far no indication that the edge is degrading.

I've just had my first two shaves with a Treet -- a Treet Dura Sharp in the yellow wrapper with red writing -- and it's been a revelation so far. (Both shaves have been in a Gillette NEW short comb.) So incredibly smooth that you can't feel the blade. And leaves my skin smooth and intact; no bumps or flakes of skin popping up the way they do with rougher blades. So smooth.

It seems like they don't make the ones in the yellow wrapper any more, so I'll have to see for myself if the blue ones are actually the same. Razorbladesclub lists the blue ones as teflon coated but I don't have any insight on the yellow ones.

Wondering if I've stumbled onto some magic with carbon steel and my face. (We'll see regarding longevity, of course, and how that affects my assessment of value.)

I've just had my first two shaves with a Treet -- a Treet Dura Sharp in the yellow wrapper with red writing -- and it's been a revelation so far. (Both shaves have been in a Gillette NEW short comb.) So incredibly smooth that you can't feel the blade. And leaves my skin smooth and intact; no bumps or flakes of skin popping up the way they do with rougher blades. So smooth.

It seems like they don't make the ones in the yellow wrapper any more, so I'll have to see for myself if the blue ones are actually the same. Razorbladesclub lists the blue ones as teflon coated but I don't have any insight on the yellow ones.

Wondering if I've stumbled onto some magic with carbon steel and my face. (We'll see regarding longevity, of course, and how that affects my assessment of value.)
I think the „magic“ is that they and other carbon Treets are coated whereas the the Black Beauties are not. I’m happy that I got a 200 pack of the yellow/red.

I got the Black Beauties a few years ago with thoughts of duplicating the shaves I got with some vintage Gillette Thins. The thins worked great after the first shave when stropped, and were good for around 3-4 good shaves. The Black Beauties are good for about 2 shaves & don't strop worth a darn.
In more recent use, I've used Black Beauties in some of my older vintage razors. They simulate the older, thicker & stiffer vintage blades and perform amazingly well - good enough to continue using them in rotation in my Old Types, LC & SC's and Goodwill.
I still prefer BiC's, Lab Blues, GSBs, Supermax Blue Diamonds, Voskhods, and even Astra SP's, but the Black Beauties work well beyond their price point.

Top Bottom