What's new

Treet carbon steel blades

The Treet Dura Sharp in the yellow & red box has been one of my favourites for a while. Sharp, not particularly forgiving but smooth enough for three shaves.

I have read that the Classic is a re-brand of the Dura Sharp but I am not convinced. They are similar but the Dura Sharp seems sharper to me. I'll do a side by side test quite soon.

Reactions to the "black beauty" seem mixed. I tried one and found it quite awful - really dull. I got one bad shave and the blade has been left to rust.

I wanted to try the Silver carbon steel blade but the seller sent me two packets of Treet Platinum instead. I had already bought some of those to test.

I like the black beauties, but Treet Falcons are fantastic! They are coated and to me, much sharper.

I haven't tried other blades from them yet, but now I'm curious about the Dura Sharp. Looking forward to reading your test results!

I like the Dura Sharps (red/yellow) best and didn't like the Black Beauties at all (tuggy & rough). Falcons, Silver and Classic fall somewhere in between these two.

A decade or so ago I had a few tucks of the red/yellow Durasharps and really enjoyed them. They were, for me in my Gillette Slim, extremely smooth. I could usually get 3 shaves from them before they started rusting. I need to pick up a new tuck one day.

Here is a discussion of the various Treet blades:

I understand the blue ones are stainless blades.

I was wondering about that, but still don't know. The package doesn't say at all. I'm leaving the last one I used out to see if it rusts, so for it has developed a minor spot. I've been using MWF, tends to help the blades resist rust though.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The more I’m using the black beauty the more I’m very impressed. Maybe it’s a ymmv or just luck but I’ve had such great shaves. Effective effortless and sharp and smooth. It’s a pain to remove them after a shave and one additional step I’m doing to remove the blade instead of throwing it away they are so inexpensive but I decided that’s too wasteful. I’m thinking about getting another 💯

Pretty sure they're carbon - been a few months since I used one, but they'll rust sooner than a stainless blade IIRC

They're definitely carbon. I've compared them to the Treet Classic and Platinum, they are the same color as the Classic, has a stronger attraction to a magnet, and eventually rust.

Using a durasharp and I am on day 4. Very good shave out of my Lupo .72. I tried one or two out of my GC .68 when I first started wet shaving and didn't think too highly of them. I ended up buying bic and nacet, and some voskhod. I would say now that the durasharp is as good as the Voskhod. If they were a cheaper blade I would order some more.

I had bought 100 of these a few years back and didn't just love them. I have been using them again recently and I love the shave they give me. I do hate having to remove from the razor and keep dry but, it is well worth the reward IMO. I get BBS shaves every time with these.

Top Bottom