What's new

Treet Black "beauty"- best and worst blade 2 in 1

Always seemed to me to be more trouble than their worth. In the 21st century there are better options
I tried one this morning for a nostalgic shave from the past. Like the Gillette Blue blades from years gone by, gave a smooth, almost BBS shave. Almost no alum block feedback nor any weepers resulted. Seems like the Blue blades in the past used to last for at least a few shaves with no special treatment such as drying off. Will try at least one more shave with the Treet Black Beauty in my Rex Ambassador, setting 3. I have to get rid of these Black Beauties somehow, right?

I tried one this morning for a nostalgic shave from the past. Like the Gillette Blue blades from years gone by, gave a smooth, almost BBS shave. Almost no alum block feedback nor any weepers resulted. Seems like the Blue blades in the past used to last for at least a few shaves with no special treatment such as drying off. Will try at least one more shave with the Treet Black Beauty in my Rex Ambassador, setting 3. I have to get rid of these Black Beauties somehow, right?
Interesting, I have some G blues and have never tried this......, just tried one maybe THin and was a one stroke event. Will dig out a bag.....and see if any blues look usable.

Interesting, I have some G blues and have never tried this......, just tried one maybe THin and was a one stroke event. Will dig out a bag.....and see if any blues look usable.
I recommend be careful with any old Gillette Blue Blades today. My last experience with them went pretty badly, very rough shave, had to quit. Then again, you might be lucky! Even my Gillette Thins shaved rough.

Carbon steel sharpens better than stainless steel. However, it dulls and rusts quickly. For this reason, I use this blade only once. In general, it does a good job with razors whicj blade gap of more than .70 mm. In my opinion, it is a blade that likes 2-3 day hard and dense beards.

Top Bottom