What's new

Traveling With a Non-Travel Type Brush?

jmhAZ said:
I've got one of these. $5 plus $5 shipping, can't beat it. The tube is 4" tall so it will work with all small and medium size brushes. The only thing I don't like about it is that the lid only has one hole in it. I use it with the lid off. Like a turnback the brush dries much faster this way. The added benefit is that you can take any brush you want with you. That being said. I'll be ordering a Major as soon as I can find a vendor that has one in stock. Everybody seems to be out at the moment. Sorry to hear about your medical bills. The Em's tube would be a nice solution for you.
Cheers,
Jeff

Sounds good, thanks.

I went to CVS this morning to pick up a tube of Palmolive shave cream and while there asked about a pill bottle large enough to hold the brush. They were nice enough to give me one. I cut some holes in the lid for ventilation and going to give this a try.

Nothing like getting by on the cheap. :biggrin:

I kept the plastic tube that my brush came in for travel purposes, although you will need to keep it in the open long term to dry it out. You do not want to let it dry in a tube. I'm sure you could let it dry in your truck while driving.

kenxxxxxx said:
I kept the plastic tube that my brush came in for travel purposes, although you will need to keep it in the open long term to dry it out. You do not want to let it dry in a tube. I'm sure you could let it dry in your truck while driving.
I agree that it shouldn't be left in the tube to dry. I was thinking more along the lines of protecting the bristles while it's in my shave kit. Thanks.

The problem is that after you shave you pack and check out. The brush is wet and in some sort of holder. A wonderful place for bacteria to grow.

Consider using a tube of cream such as Coats. You can rub up a good lather with your hands an eliminate the brush. Heresy:mad3:

Elmo said:
The problem is that after you shave you pack and check out. The brush is wet and in some sort of holder. A wonderful place for bacteria to grow.

Consider using a tube of cream such as Coats. You can rub up a good lather with your hands an eliminate the brush. Heresy:mad3:
Yes, that would be a problem to be sure. It would only remain in the tube long enough to return to the truck where I'll hang it up to dry out. I like JMT's suggestion of hanging it up using a shoestring.

MasonM said:
Yes, that would be a problem to be sure. It would only remain in the tube long enough to return to the truck where I'll hang it up to dry out. I like JMT's suggestion of hanging it up using a shoestring.
Just make sure when oyu go for the airhorn you don't grab the brush!:ohmy:

MasonM said:
I went to CVS this morning to pick up a tube of Palmolive shave cream and while there asked about a pill bottle large enough to hold the brush. They were nice enough to give me one. I cut some holes in the lid for ventilation and going to give this a try.

Nothing like getting by on the cheap. :biggrin:

What else did you do today? Because so far you and I had the same trip to CVS! One pill bottle and a tube of Palmolive. You aren't in Roanoke, VA right now, are you? Maybe that is why the lady at the pharmacy didn't even blink an eye when I asked for the pill bottle? I wasn't the first. :biggrin:

mrs. chefchris said:
What else did you do today? Because so far you and I had the same trip to CVS! One pill bottle and a tube of Palmolive. You aren't in Roanoke, VA right now, are you? Maybe that is why the lady at the pharmacy didn't even blink an eye when I asked for the pill bottle? I wasn't the first. :biggrin:
Nope, not in Roanoke am home in Fla.

Side note: I lived in Martinsville for 7 years.

Btw, I see a lot of people suggesting a travel brush, but I wonder if that really is your best bet. I mean, the fact of being in the truck reasonably soon after your morning shave seems to allow for most any brush to dry by taking it out and hanging up or whatever. And, well, it's one thing if you travel frequently, but are still at home most of the time, but if I was traveling as much as you presumably do, I would want the tool I enjoy using most with me, if possible, rather than compromising on a smaller brush....

PS - You mentioned your cat. Does your cat ride with you?

I found that the hair tie's sold in Target's dollar section are enclosed in a plastic tube. Just throw away the hair tie's or in my case I gave them to my wife. The Simpson Chubby 3 fits perfectly. For a smaller brush it would flop around a bit. You could even throw in a desiccant with it; to help absorb moisture.

I don't have a travel brush, though I travel fairly often. I carry my little C&E brush in its original box. Works fine.

If its just temporary, you could get a piece of wax paper and roll the brush up in it. I did this for my trip to las vegas recently and it worked out pretty good. But I did make sure to take it out ASAP once I got home so that it could air out properly.

Top Bottom