What's new

Traveling Slant - Try Before You Buy

I've mailed it off to shamful7.

I shaved with it a few more times since my previous post reviewing it. I'd say it's more aggressive than efficient...or I just wasn't using it right. I've felt like my usual DE is too mild, and indeed a shim helps. That encouraged me to want to go to an extreme and get something very aggressive like the Merkur 39C Sledgehammer Slant, but I've learned that that probably isn't right for me at this time.

So, not the best experience shaving I've ever had, but definitely a very useful experience.

Wow, was just thinking of trying a slant, and this thread popped up. Count me in!

1. lmill999

2. texasAUtiger

3. Joshf128

4. DocRokRx

5. andyr

6. JohnG10

7. Chrisf8657

8. Sucker_dad

9. Abragus

10. blinkstafoo182

11. Jwesleym

2. texasAUtiger

3. Joshf128

4. DocRokRx

5. andyr

6. JohnG10

7. Chrisf8657

8. Sucker_dad

9. Abragus

10. blinkstafoo182

11. Jwesleym[/QUOTE]

I'm taking myself off the list. Thanks for the opportunity.

I love my Hoffritz traveling slant

proxy.php

Okay, so @Shamful7 should have the razor now, @texasAUtiger is on deck and I'm up after that.

Shamful7 can you confirm receipt?

Just sent @shamful7 a PM requesting an update.

@captaincaveman when did he PM you his address? His last post on B&B was 5/24

The last I heard from him was this PM stamped 05-15-2014, 07:54 PM
shamful7 said:
captaincaveman said:
Ender78 removed himself from the list (though subsequent posters posted the list with him still on it), so you're up next. I received the Slant yesterday. I expect to get it out to you next Wednesday. What is your address?

awesome my address is
{removed}
I PM'd the tracking number to him on 05-21-2014, 11:39 AM.

2. texasAUtiger

3. Joshf128

4. DocRokRx

5. andyr

6. JohnG10

7. Chrisf8657

8. Sucker_dad

9. Abragus

10. blinkstafoo182

11. Jwesleym

12. BBS Kirk

I'm in! Let me know if I did this correctly. Is it the Merkur slant?

Kirk

sorry everyone for not posting up review or letting you all now i had it. Its been a hectic few days and a funeral some 800 miles away kept me busy for awhile.

So heres my review, the slant for me is harder to use then the cobra classic. The razor cut bleed me like it was a dang vampire on 1st shave i just couldn't figure out how to use it. 2nd shave much better, I took it slow and easy tried to use no pressure and it did amazing on the face but on the neck not so much. If their is a trick to holding it or an angle i haven't figured it out.3rd shave is by far the one were i think i got it. I discovered that with the slant i CAN NOT go against the grain for my skin. I instead did some downward passes at different angles and it gave me a very close shave. SO far the slant lived up to its reputation and did what it should do but I dont think its for me.

On a side note the 4 days I was gone for funeral my dad who i recently converted used the slant twice and loves. He used a se injector and was planning to buy the cobra but now he says he may buy the slant because he found it easier to use.

On all days I used B and M soap followed by a splash of aloevera thayers non alchohal and finished it up with Nivea balm 1st two times and lilac vegital the 3rd.

sorry everyone for not posting up review or letting you all now i had it. Its been a hectic few days and a funeral some 800 miles away kept me busy for awhile.

Sorry for your loss. Hope everyone is doing as well as they can.

So heres my review, the slant for me is harder to use then the cobra classic. The razor cut bleed me like it was a dang vampire on 1st shave i just couldn't figure out how to use it. 2nd shave much better, I took it slow and easy tried to use no pressure and it did amazing on the face but on the neck not so much. If their is a trick to holding it or an angle i haven't figured it out.3rd shave is by far the one were i think i got it. I discovered that with the slant i CAN NOT go against the grain for my skin. I instead did some downward passes at different angles and it gave me a very close shave. SO far the slant lived up to its reputation and did what it should do but I dont think its for me.

On a side note the 4 days I was gone for funeral my dad who i recently converted used the slant twice and loves. He used a se injector and was planning to buy the cobra but now he says he may buy the slant because he found it easier to use.

On all days I used B and M soap followed by a splash of aloevera thayers non alchohal and finished it up with Nivea balm 1st two times and lilac vegital the 3rd.

You know, I really do find it extremely interesting that there is so much variability in reaction. I decided that a slant was "interesting" although not so interesting I'd buy one. If I were stranded somewhere and it was "shave with a slant or look scruffy" I'd shave and not complain. Your dad, and a few others in this thread, are immediate converts.

The solipsist in me wonders about how others can be so different.

Thank you for the sympathy, it was my great grandfather who passed and sadly it was a relief for everyone. He was confined to a bed for the last month of his life unable to move, talk or think and was always in pain.

Also I was at my dads and before i sent out the slant i gave it one more try and I realized that my dad loved it cause he shaves with arko. I don't know why but i used it and the very thick and creamy lather of arko left a better shave on me then the last 3. maybe me shaving with soap i normal use with a tech had to do something with it.

Thank you for the sympathy, it was my great grandfather who passed and sadly it was a relief for everyone. He was confined to a bed for the last month of his life unable to move, talk or think and was always in pain.

Also I was at my dads and before i sent out the slant i gave it one more try and I realized that my dad loved it cause he shaves with arko. I don't know why but i used it and the very thick and creamy lather of arko left a better shave on me then the last 3. maybe me shaving with soap i normal use with a tech had to do something with it.

Arko is the cure for all things.

Top Bottom