What's new

Traveling Slant - Try Before You Buy

It has arrived! Can't wait to put it to use! Tonight I'm going to load up a GSB and lather up The Beast from TTFFC. I'll report back tomorrow.

Is that light at the end of the tunnel?

Here's the current list:

1. sjerquinn (holding)
2. himself62

Here's my journal entry for my first shave with the 37c:

Saturday 5/20

Pre-Shave: Warm Shower, Bloom water from soap
Soap: TTFFC - The Beast
Brush: Omega 11648 Boar Brush
Razor: Merkur 37c
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post-Shave: Razorock Alum stick, Dickinson's Witch Hazel, Aqua Velva Sensitive 5-in-1 Post-Shave Balm

Well this is shave number one with the Merkur slant passaround razor. There is definitely a learning curve with this razor, but I got quite a shave out of it. I guess I had slightly unrealistic expectations for this razor though. I decided to go WTG>XTG>XTG(other direction) on my trouble zones instead of my WTG>AXTG>AXTG(other direction). I assumed the slant head would give me the same results, which was incorrect. Now that I know this, I will change up my plan of attack. One area that it definitely outperformed ant of my other razors was under my chin. Usually it is still slightly prickly and tugs when going ATG in that area. But the slant made short work of that area. For that, I'm extremely impressed. I had more weepers than normal but it surely is due to being unfamiliar with this razor

Keep in mind that you will shave with the 37C the same as you do with any other DE razor. Most mistake that you need to shave differently because of the slanted head. Treat it like any of your other razors and you will find it is an excellent shave to be had and a must have razor for anyone's rotation...

Second shave journal entry:
Monday 5/22

Soap: Stirling - MITA
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Post-Shave: Razorock Alum stick, Dickinson's Witch Hazel, Aqua Velva Sensitive 5-in-1 Post-Shave Balm

Second shave with the Merkur 37c Slant. So far I don't feel that it's any more efficient than my 57 Flare Tip. I expected it to take more hair off on my first pass like my FT. It's a nice little shaver but I don't feel that it is as much as a "must have" for me as I keep reading it is. I feel like I've been doing more clean-up with this razor than with my FT. It definitely provides a fantastically close shave, but it takes more effort for me to get it than I'm used to. I think the next blade I'm going to try is a Polsilver, then finish up with a Feather.

I liked the slant with the Polsilver. Didn't try a feather, but imagine it will perform better as well. That being said, I've had better luck with the iKon X3 than the 37c.

Good to know. I'm intrigued by the ikon 102 because it isn't a twisted style slant. So the angle is different on each side of the razor.

Shave #3
Wednesday 5/24

Soap: Catie's Bubbles - Dr. Jekyll
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Post-Shave: Aqua Velva Sensitive 5-in-1 Post-Shave Balm

This is the best shave I've had with the 37c so far. I think I got the hang of using the slant. However it still wasn't as efficient as my Flare Tip. I still had to work harder with the 37c to get as close of a shave as my FT. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to use it one more time before sending it off to the next in line on the passaround. Either way, it'll be heading out on Saturday.

OK folks, this pass around is almost completely over. Speak now or forever hold your peace. I'm planning on closing the PIF once the razor is shipped to Danny unless someone else steps forward.

I think most people have been sending the razor in a small flat rate box. It has sufficient insurance ($50). I'm OK with you sending it via first class parcel with $50 insurance, but I don't know if that saves much money.

arrived today...box is showing its travel but the razor looks fine. I'm a week retired from the army and done want to shave!! but its for a cause right. more to follow

One word. Fantastic. I will buy one of these soon. I cut off 2 weeks growth to cut in the goatee. The razor is just on the sharp side of aggressive. I like my razor to work for me. To feel it work. I run my varrient on 3 because I like the feed back. You can feel and it and hear it. In the slant you can feel it too! Very impressed. B &M bay rum with a Gillette platinum. Day one in the bag. Im ready to mail this now but I'll try and maintenance shave tomorrow before I send it on it's way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom