What's new

Traveling Slant - Try Before You Buy

I am an Astra fan. I havent tried a derby in the slant but now I might have to. I do not think there is any rush on the razor. I have already tried I just want to compare it to some other razors I have gotten. Mcmen4my, Keep it and try it out there is no rush to get it in the mail.

@Avvatar - you're in.

@WarriorMonk - here's the deal I'm willing to make. I'll put you at the end of the list so that I'm the only one who gets screwed if you don't send it on. If others join the list between now and May 1, they'll go ahead of you. Does that work for you? (Mitretnuh is taking a second turn with the slant, so he'll now be second to last.)

Last edited:
Here's the current list:

1. Mcmen4my - in possession
2. Avvatar
3. Mitretnuh
4. WarriorMonk
Last: bobmsp

I just ordered a maggard slant , and also a RR37. If it ever makes it back to me I might throw one of them in for a traveling slant comparison.
@Bob if you get shafted, I will go halves with you just for giving me a chance to try a slant. I think I prefer slants now thanks to you.

@WarriorMonk - here's the deal I'm willing to make. I'll put you at the end of the list so that I'm the only one who gets screwed if you don't send it on. If others join the list between now and May 1, they'll go ahead of you. Does that work for you? (Mitretnuh is taking a second turn with the slant, so he'll now be second to last.)

Thank you for the kind gesture, but I will pass. I don't mind following the rules and waiting. Please remove me from the list. Thank you.

Thank you for the kind gesture, but I will pass. I don't mind following the rules and waiting. Please remove me from the list. Thank you.
They just had a bunch of expensive brushes that went missing from somebody who won't pass it on.
Don't think there was any insult implied

They just had a bunch of expensive brushes that went missing from somebody who won't pass it on.
Don't think there was any insult implied

Didn't say there was any insult implied. In my original post, I stated I would love to get in, although I have the correct amount of posts, but not the time. I didn't ask to be added to it as I don't have a problem with following the rules of the forum. Do I think your statement of "I'll put you at the end of the list so that I'm the only one who gets screwed if you don't send it on" was a little much, maybe. It implies because I don't fit the criteria, there is a high probability that I will not follow through with sending it to the next person.

I have enjoyed this forum while contributing pics and thoughts about the different products out there. As with any forum or online interaction, you can't guarantee anything. In regards to the missing brushes, I think this can happen with anyone whether they meet the criterium or not. While things happen to people (illness, death of a loved one, or even their own demise), these things are hard to foresee. Or in some cases, people just have bad intentions. It is the way of the universe.

In the end, I just enjoy reading the information here, sharing my experiences (since today is my B-Day, I will be posting my shave stuff soon), but most of all I am just here to have fun. Thanks.

Last evening I made a remark that, upon further reflection, was both flippant and undeserved. I have apologized privately to WarriorMonk for my remarks, but I also want to acknowledge my mistake in this forum. While I believe that the time and activities requirements for passarounds serve their purpose, it was neither friendly nor welcoming to suggest that I would be screwed by WarriorMonk. I appreciate his statement that he did not think that I was intending to insult him (which is true) and will try to ensure that I am more careful in how I proceed here in the future.

So I promised to report back after trying a slant. The Razorock 37 German came in today and I gave it a go tonight. I threw in a Feather blade just to see. Had two weepers by the way. I must say that a slant is pretty impressive! I had four days growth and it was mowed through with ease! Maybe I should tone the blade back a little but I am quite impressed! Now I am going to have to beg Timeless to make me a slant which I am sure they will not. That is just such a close shave! I will say the 37 German head feels really cheap but I can't deny what it did. Now I have to find a vintage Merkur slant! First shave and that close. I suppose future shaves will get better as I learn that razor. I did forget to mention that I threw the Ikon bulldog on it and used l'occitane cade. Also used a Vie Long horsehair just to mess with everything. Still quite impressed with the shave!

Thank you Sir. I truly appreciate it. :)

Last evening I made a remark that, upon further reflection, was both flippant and undeserved. I have apologized privately to WarriorMonk for my remarks, but I also want to acknowledge my mistake in this forum. While I believe that the time and activities requirements for passarounds serve their purpose, it was neither friendly nor welcoming to suggest that I would be screwed by WarriorMonk. I appreciate his statement that he did not think that I was intending to insult him (which is true) and will try to ensure that I am more careful in how I proceed here in the future.

I am very thankful to bobmsp for reaching out to me. He is a true gentleman and I stand by my statement that this is an awesome forum. While I agree with the rules, I also know that abiding by them is important. While we all take a chance with anything on the Internet, it is nice to know that you are still surrounded by some outstanding folks here at the B&B. I am honored to be a member here and look forward to many years to come! :)

P.S. bobmsp, I would still like to be on the list and being in last place doesn't bother me. From the current feedback, it seems it will be worth the wait. :)

Now while feeling my face I still feel I get a little closer shave with my Timeless. In certain places I am closer with the slant but in other places not. Of course this was my first shave with a slant. But then again my Timeless is a .68 and now I think I must try the .95.

@WarriorMonk - thanks for your kind words.

If the list of eligible people dries up before you would otherwise be eligible, I would like to add you to the list so that you will have a chance to try the slant. It's hard to gauge whether or not there will still be interest through May - the list has limped along for longer than I had expected - but I will make sure that you have a chance to participate in this passaround and try the razor.

Now while feeling my face I still feel I get a little closer shave with my Timeless. In certain places I am closer with the slant but in other places not. Of course this was my first shave with a slant. But then again my Timeless is a .68 and now I think I must try the .95.
The danger with trying new razors is that it leads to having to try (and buy?) even more new razors. :lol:

@WarriorMonk - thanks for your kind words.

If the list of eligible people dries up before you would otherwise be eligible, I would like to add you to the list so that you will have a chance to try the slant. It's hard to gauge whether or not there will still be interest through May - the list has limped along for longer than I had expected - but I will make sure that you have a chance to participate in this passaround and try the razor.

Not a problem. Count me in Sir!! :)

Top Bottom