What's new

Traveling Fragrance Sample Box

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu

Knize Ten fragrance notes

1. Top Notes
  2. Heart Notes
  3. Base notes
    This has been around for a long time and I was anxious to try it. The opening wasn't the best part for me - kind of synthetic, which may not be the best description. I can't identify a particular offending note, just not pleasant. But it was very rich for the rest of the day. I can see why it's almost 100 years old and still going strong.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu

Tom Ford Noir Extreme fragrance notes

1. Top Notes
  2. Heart Notes
  3. Base notes

I've had this on for five hours now and enjoying every minute. It is most definitely on the sweeter side. At around $100 this seems like a decent bargain, but I already have a handful of sweet fragrances that I like - so I'm not sure a bottle is in the cards at this time. Maybe not as complicated as his higher line, I find this easy to wear and thumbs up from the Mrs. (although she prefers Eau des Baux).

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu

Plum Japonais fragrance notes

1. Top Notes
  2. Heart Notes
  3. Base notes

To be honest, I was a little afraid to try this one. I'm not all that fond of floral, but I screwed up my courage and ventured on. I like plums, but I never considered smelling like one. This plum is very sweet at the opening - nice, as I tend to like sweet. Some oud and wood, with a bit of amber in the dry down were also nice. It was never overwhelming. It seems to stay pretty close to the skin.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu

Ambre Gris by Perris Monte Carlo

This opened with a lovely sweetness. Sadly, this was quickly supplanted by floral scents that were not horrible, but not particularly favorable to my nose either. Later musk came in, but it never left that slightly unhappy place for me. Definitely not in my future.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
The box is in the mail, tracking # 9505510288326349068499.

It was fun to have so many choices, but I have to admit it was nice this morning to spray on something I knew I was going to enjoy all day.

Already lining up to be a very Merry Christmas between the fragrance box and the Bingle exchange.

This should be really helpful since I'm so new to fragrances and haven't found a place where I can sample without ordering blindly.

I don't have the most sophisticated sniffer and I've only begun to get into the samples so I probably won't have too many detailed reviews. I've made it through about 2 bags sampling everything on cards.
I know it's not the best way and I'd be better off actually wearing them, but I haven't tried 98% of these and I'll never get through the box on time if I did that.

Also trying some of these SE razors and first time using Martin de Candre, so thanks for including those guys. Also found a splash that I really enjoy. Fine Italian Citrus, now if only there was any available.

I PMd [MENTION=108263]rockclimber[/MENTION] a few days ago for shipping info and no response yet. I'll probably have the box the full 2 weeks as my nose is getting burnt out trying too many at once. Coffee beans between samplings only works for so long.

Long Christmas week! I'll be pming you my address right now thank you

Got it! I'll be sending it your way early to mid next week. Got a few I want to try to some Christmas parties.

Well there was a few in the box that we both agreed upon liking. I added them all to my word document and gave short reviews, bolded the names of the ones I liked. Then had my wife smell those and I made the bolded text purple of the ones she liked(her favorite color).

Also put an order in for a few more samples. Have Creed Aventus, Creed Millisime Imperial, Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Tom Ford Extreme, Amouage Jubilation XXV Man, Amouage Interlude Man and a Amouage Jubilation 25 woman for my wife on the way.
She only gets one as she has quite a few perfumes already and I got her a full bottle of Creed Love in White for Xmas.:tongue_sm

@rockclimber sorry, been getting off work all week after the post office was closed. Headed there now.

Or not... Was going to reuse the box Keith sent me as it appears brand new. But apparently the USPS won't sent a Priority Mail Box with surface transportation only goods inside. Even though that's clearly how it was sent to me. Never ceases to amaze me how in an establishment talking to a different employee can result in an entirely different set of rules and policies.

Oh well. Repacking box now, will try to get back to post office before it closes today. If not, then in the morning definitely.

Ok, went back to the same post office today with my new box and told the different people working in there exactly what was in the box.
He proceeded to slap a priority mail sticker on it and send it on its way. :wacko:

Anyway should be there Tuesday [MENTION=108263]rockclimber[/MENTION]. There's a list inside but it's a little outdated.

Tracking #: 9505510763266366074140

$20170107_215803.jpg

Much better than I anticipated after reading all of the reviews. My wife even liked it so I was impressed as this is the very first one I tried.

$20170107_215832.jpg

I have tried this a couple of times and while I personally like it my wife thinks it is far too sweet for my skin type. I would wear it just for me but she gives it a one-star

$20170107_215856.jpg

On the opposite end of the spectrum I have tried this several times as well and my wife loves it but I am not a huge fan, especially for the price.

$20170107_215945.jpg

My wife absolutely loves this on my skin. She says this is some of the best juice she has smelled from the travel box so far. I will probably be picking up a bottle of this.

Top Notes
Bergamot, Myrtle

Heart Notes
Roasted coffee beans, Chocolate, Hazelnut

Base notes
Leather, Cedarwood

$20170108_214557.jpg

After my previous review I was extremely excited to try this. It smells even better from the sprayer however on my skin this just does not work with my wife. I'm not sure what it is but she says it is a little too spicy on the top note. Oh well, I really enjoyed trying these.

Top Notes
Mandarin, Clary sage

Heart Notes
Iris, Tonka bean

Base notes
Black leather, Vanilla bean

$20170108_122750.jpg

I absolutely love this juice. My wife is a huge fan as well and when I looked up the price I was absolutely floored how cheap it is for the 6.7 I am definitely picking up a bottle.

Top Notes
Mint, Green apple, Lemon

Heart Notes
Tonka bean, Geranium, Ambroxan

Base notes
Madagascar vanilla, Vetiver, Oakmoss, Virginian cedar, Altas cedar

$20170109_232052.jpg

I thought the scent was very interesting, the name says it all. Plum with Oriental spices. I had to go to basenotes to see that it even had cinnamon. My wife said it was interesting but not worth the price.

$20170110_211438.jpg

I definitely get fig and tonka bean with a lot of sweetness behind it. I think it is fairly good scent very sweet and unisex but my wife is not a huge fan. Still very enjoyable.

Top Bottom