What's new

Traveling Fragrance Sample Box

Part of the problem of making a list is that not everything has beautiful, easy-to-read labels. Some folks have really done a great job with labeling, while other labels, with nice attempts, didn't work down the road when the labels got a bit damp, streaked and became unreadable. I recall one being written in pencil and covered with tape so it was waterproof, but I still had no idea what it was. Or like a bunch of my smaller samples that I had purchased - pretty much evaporated down to nothing by the time the box came around to some.

Ah.. we try the best we can. :)

Ive been lurking on this forum trying to broaden for fragrance horizon. Two decades of Paco Rabanne and Quorum was about it for my lineup. Thanks to some of the threads here I decided to order some decants and samples..a bit hit and miss tho. I figure I have more reading to do, but in the meantime I would like to be added to the list if theres still room. I do have some samples I can add to the box went it comes my way. Thanks!

Usually we check to see when they were last on, and usually reach out right after we get the box so we have a week or two or, as things sometimes stretch out, even longer to make it all work. If there hasn't been any activity from them, we can slip them down a notch on the list. Also, sometimes it's not a bad idea to get the next two addresses while "working behind the scenes", because the second one can always be forwarded to the first one in advance.

Okay gents, you've been added!

53 [MENTION=99168]polishaver[/MENTION] (2/1/16) - currently enjoying box
54 [MENTION=67655]Zombeezy[/MENTION] (9/27/15)
55 [MENTION=102030]FrankM[/MENTION]assa (3/4/16) - dropped down one spot - couldn't get hold of yet. Will keep trying
56 [MENTION=54120]musicman1951[/MENTION] (8/28/16)
57 [MENTION=110569]Catalinbread[/MENTION] (9/13/16)
58 [MENTION=108263]rockclimber[/MENTION] (9/15/16)
59 Bad_B (10/24/16)
60 Lenaud01 (10/27/16)
61 [MENTION=67355]AndroiDad75[/MENTION] (3/27/15) - will be bumped up if he indicates he wants back in
62 [MENTION=102660]BJ Rose[/MENTION] (6/03/15) - will be bumped up if he indicates he wants back in
63 [MENTION=81024]PGHChris[/MENTION] (11/19/14) - will be bumped up if he indicates he wants back in
:::List currently maintained by Zombeezy:::

I sent the box out yesterday on it's way to Zombeezy. I've enjoyed my time with the box and added around 8 full sample bottles.

Hey, sorry guys..turned out not to be good timing after all for me the box, but then again, we never know, do we? Contract ended as expected, lost my job, unexpected. But... got something worked out now :)

So, no inventory yet. There are lots of things that can be pruned from the box - such as empties and small shaving cream samples that have been there since I added them maybe a year and a half ago. So, I will lighten up the box a bit.

I've totally spaced out what happened to FrankMassa - can't even find him on the date next to his name, which is the date of request. I recall somebody changing a name, but this looks like he's not around at all. So, unless somebody knows something, I'm dropping him down and next up will be musicman1951 (8/28/16)

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
The box has arrived safely and I tried Les Nombres d'Or: Cuir for my first sample.

Sadly, it wasn't the happiest of meetings. The leather was genuine, but too ashy for me. It is strangely suggestive of beef jerky, which might be interesting but that doesn't make it something I want to smell like.

Fingers crossed for the next choice: Tom Ford's Noir Extreme.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
OK, so bag 11 on the list with Noir Extreme is now filled with razor blades.

So I went with TF Grey Vetiver. I'm not generally a big fan of vetiver, but this is a classy fragrance. Fresh and clean, with well balanced notes. I'm not sure I like it enough for a full bottle purchase, but I like it.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Mandarina's Duck Pure Black: while I really like tonka bean and vanilla, this one was not a home run for me. The Mrs. gave this a quick thumbs down with that face that says, "are you kidding?"

Nice reviews so far keith. I personally can't decipher notes as some claim to so a general preference with a few descriptors helps me the most.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Cuba Gold by Cuba Paris today. A very pleasant sweet tobacco with vanilla in the dry down. People have compared it to Le Male, but I have not tried that one and couldn't say. This is a very inexpensive cologne for anyone who likes simple and sweet. I think the cigar shaped bottle runs around $7.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Black Vines by Kerosene today. Yes! I've only had it on for three hours, but it's quite wonderful so far. Anise and lots of cinnamon in the opening. It smells rich to me. Vanilla in the finish is promised, and that's always fine with me.

Top Bottom