What's new

Travel Tech in snap case: How to store the head

My most recent acquisition is an almost-new 1967 Travel Tech, still in its little gold snap case, with the cardboard "blade" still in the head. I used it with a new Shark blade this morning, and had a great shave.

My question is this. If you have one of these, and re-pack it in its carry case, do you store the head with the blade in place? (I can imagine you can cut yourself as you store or remove the head.) Or do you toss the blade and use a new one for each shave with the TT? If you remove the blade and don't toss it, where do you put it between shaves?

Show me a picture. I have a Merkur 46C. I blot the blade with toilet paper and wipe down the head and handle pieces. I store the blade in the head in the leather case.

When I go to shave, I assemble the handle and screw it onto the head while it’s still in the case. I remove the assembled razor with the handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Doesn't that case have a section for storing blades? I would either toss the blade or rewrap it in the original paper then store it in the case along with the unused blades. I am thinking of the gold box with a mirror in the lid.

Doesn't that case have a section for storing blades? I would either toss the blade or rewrap it in the original paper then store it in the case along with the unused blades. I am thinking of the gold box with a mirror in the lid.
The little gold snap case is flexible plastic, gold mesh-look on the outside and white vinyl inside. It has a space for a packet of blades. This one has a packet of Gillette Super Stainless Steel blades, unopened except that the cellophane has been sliced and the slit at "Open Here" is open. It sounds when I shake it like the blades are still there.

I hadn't thought about rewrapping it in the original paper. Good idea!

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
The little gold snap case is flexible plastic, gold mesh-look on the outside and white vinyl inside. It has a space for a packet of blades. This one has a packet of Gillette Super Stainless Steel blades, unopened except that the cellophane has been sliced and the slit at "Open Here" is open. It sounds when I shake it like the blades are still there.

I hadn't thought about rewrapping it in the original paper. Good idea!
Like this I am guessing, from the Mr.Razor website. A nice set!

1602852433594.png

Like this I am guessing, from the Mr.Razor website. A nice set!

View attachment 1169313
I wish mine looked like that, though the packet of blades is an exact match. No, this is a little flexible plastic case that folds over and snap-fastens. Look here:
That's when it's closed. I haven't been able to find a pic of the interior. But the head, handle, and blades each fit snugly under a little vinyl strap.

I've wrapped the now-dry blade and tucked it in atop the components. Buttoned, the case keeps it from falling out.

ETA: Look at post 35 from "mlee" in this thread: Small travel tech case - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/small-travel-tech-case.462417/page-2 That's mine, except with the Gillette Super Stainless steel blade packet.

ETA later: It's a date code K4, which makes it a 1965!

Last edited:
My most recent acquisition is an almost-new 1967 Travel Tech, still in its little gold snap case, with the cardboard "blade" still in the head. I used it with a new Shark blade this morning, and had a great shave.

My question is this. If you have one of these, and re-pack it in its carry case, do you store the head with the blade in place? (I can imagine you can cut yourself as you store or remove the head.) Or do you toss the blade and use a new one for each shave with the TT? If you remove the blade and don't toss it, where do you put it between shaves?
If you can, get hold of one of those plastic blade containers such as the Euro Personna Platinum blades come in. The blade in use can be taken out of the razor and slipped into the blade container for next time. These containers can be reused.
1602859305794.png

Top Bottom