What's new

travel storage

I have used both a large pill container from a pharmacy (if you ask, they will give you one or sell it for a small fee) and even the cardboard from a roll of toilet paper (put the brush in and stuff toilet paper in both ends). Both work well.

My Viking Chieftain's box, will serve as a travel box for the razor, and blades, when our next trip occurs.
Viking Chieftain.JPG

x

My travel setup fits neatly in my Dopp kit:
La Toja shave stick (also great at home)
Wee Scot brush in a pill container from my pharmacy
Razor in a leather case from WCS
Small plastic container for AS

(Hope to get back to traveling once the pandemic lets up here!!)

:a29:

was looking for a little storage case for my brush whilst travelling, most started at £7.50ish,for just the container itself, then i seen this, £6.00ishfor the container a brush and stand, arrived today, less than 2 weeks from ordering, great deal i think👍🏼Anbbas 3IN1 Shaving Brush Set with Black Holder Stand Travel Case for Men Shave | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402334606428

I have several tubes like that in various sizes depending on the brush. Although sourced from several sources, the most dependable one is McMaster-Carr in their shipping tube listings. I call on several machine shops where these tubes are what many of their end mills and other tooling are shipped in. The ones I get need to have ventilation holes drilled.

I have used both a large pill container from a pharmacy (if you ask, they will give you one or sell it for a small fee) and even the cardboard from a roll of toilet paper (put the brush in and stuff toilet paper in both ends). Both work well.

I drilled a few vent holes in my pill bottle. I travel with a Synthetic and sometimes have to leave the hotel before it's fully dry.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have one of those tiny synthetic brushes from Maggard’s Shaving. It’s no bigger than a Wee Scott really. I found it fits perfectly inside the empty tube of a La Toja Shave Stick.

When I travel, for any 24mm+ brush, I use the flimsy, airy plastic box one of them came in.
z.png

I also have a Wee Scot and a 22 mm AP Shave SynBad that easily fit(s) in an old pill bottle too.

If the brush is still wet, you need a container that allows it to further dry to prevent mildew.
Brother Clay,

You are correct and I understand. My factory brush box has openings for ventilation. Regardless, a brush should be lightly dried with a towel and hair dryer (badger hair is hair, is it not?) after use, and before packing in a suit case. I've had zero problems.

I also would suggest a "container" is not necessary. Lightly dry the brush with a hair dryer and neatly tuck it into a suitcase corner. Works for me over many decades.

was looking for a little storage case for my brush whilst travelling, most started at £7.50ish, for just the container itself, then i seen this, £6.00ish for the container a brush and stand, arrived today, less than 2 weeks from ordering, great deal i think👍🏼

Anbbas 3IN1 Shaving Brush Set with Black Holder Stand Travel Case for Men Shave | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402334606428
Congratulations on your new travel case (and synthetic brush and stand), Blue Spark. :001_cool:
Anbbas-Synthetic-Shaving-Brush-Set_2020-08-10.jpg

I know you got the set just for the travel case... but how is the brush?

Top Bottom