What's new

Travel setup

I am out of town for a few days and was noticing how much my "travel setup" has changed since I first started this hobby. At first, when out of town for a week, I brought like 3 soaps, 3 creams, some colognes, and several different aftershaves. I even brought a preferred bowl for lathering.

Now, a year or so later, I notice I've packed just one soap (tabac), one aftershave, no bowls (lather on face now), and bay rum w/ a twist cologne....I guess its a matter of learning what works best for me and appreciating "keeping it simple". I must say that my toiletries bag is MUCH lighter!

Not sure of the point of this post, just noticed a big difference with gained experience.

Mostly the difference for me is not carrying around a huge can of shaving foam. I don't know if anyone's interested but here's some before and after photos

It's a Palmolive shave stick cut down to size and in a 35mm film canister. Palmolive shave sticks are quite soft so you can just press the end into the top and it forms itself into the right shape. It's not particularly firmly in there so it has a tendency to fall out but it works after a fashion. I've tried but I can't find any other shave sticks which are the right thickness.

I have to say that is a nice setup. I do something similar with the exception of using two or three C&E shave cream sample containers for shave cream and a couple small bottles for my thayers and oil pass oil. I short I think that maybe I carry around more stuff than I did before but I do get a better shave and a more enjoyable one and that is important when on the road.

Top Bottom