What's new

Travel Razors!

These are undiscovered gold. I have two, both German made, 20's era open comb, Light but efficient.

Pics below are a silver plated razor, but my warm lighting wants to portray it as gold.

Post your travel razor!

proxy.php

proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Beautiful. I've my eye on a couple on the bay.... Just want one, as it's my birth year/quarter. I'm TRYING to practice restraint! lol

Here's my favorite travel razor. It's not a collapsible handle, just slightly shorter than standard. I actually prefer it to the standard length. From the honest wear I would say someone else really liked it too.

Attachments

• $DSCF9232.jpg
    $DSCF9232.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 98
  • $DSCF9235.jpg
    $DSCF9235.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 95
Coles travelslant:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Hoffritz traveslant:
proxy.php

proxy.php

(East-German) KWC travelslant:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Walbusch traveldiagonal:
proxy.php

Punktal Reisefreund ("Travelfriend"):
proxy.php

proxy.php

R

romsitsa

Vienna pockets, the handles are hollow, so the balance is a bit off for my taste.

$IMG_1760.JPG

Adam

I have a German Optimo travel set that lives in my desk at work. Great for a touch up or a full shave if I am running late in the morning. A stick of Palmolive and a Wee Scot complete the package.

Thank you everyone for contributing great pics here.

I had the German travel razor out moments ago with a brand new Gillette 7OC super stainless. It was a smooth and flawless shave.

What I can comment on is the handle geometry of this razor isn't quite up to my go-to ball end NDC Old Type handle. The travel razor's 2-3/4" long handle didn't balance as well as the 3-1/8" ball end OT handle does.

Razor head efficiency is decent but just a "smidge" below the efficiency of the thick cap Old Type, which would make it a tiny bit more challenging in those vexing areas like right along the jawline. The head by itself though, presents a marvelously smooth shave.

Though I doubt I would "travel" with this travel razor owing to the above, it is nonetheless a workable proposition I could certainly get by with if put in such a position. And craftsmanship-wise it is a nickel plated beauty!

proxy.php

Lane; I put together my own vintage travel razor if that qualifies. It uses an early post WWII period styrene case scavenged from a toiletry kit, and an X3 plastic handled Gillette Tech razor that was NOS when purchased, complete with box and Blue Blade razor pack. It is perhaps not as elegant, but is a good shaver nonetheless. I use it with a vintage Dopp kit that I have assembled for vacation get-aways. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown
Gillette Tech 1952 Date Code X3 with Styrene Travel Case.JPG
J.C. Higgins Dopp Kit Sears Brand Circa 1954 Full Closed View (640x368).jpg

Lane; I put together my own vintage travel razor if that qualifies. It uses an early post WWII period styrene case scavenged from a toiletry kit, and an X3 plastic handled Gillette Tech razor that was NOS when purchased, complete with box and Blue Blade razor pack. It is perhaps not as elegant, but is a good shaver nonetheless. I use it with a vintage Dopp kit that I have assembled for vacation get-aways. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrownView attachment 762525 View attachment 762526

Great looking setup Tony! Thank you for sharing.

Thank you Lane! I have my eyes peeled for a couple of other candidates to use as well, as I certainly have enjoyed my Pre-War Fat Handled Tech enough to find one dedicated for travel. My feelings are that one should not compromise while on vacation... God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

A Hoffritz slant here, from the Federal Republic of Germany.

Must admit I don't understand the mindset of a break-down "travel" razor as the full-size ones are pretty much travel ready themselves. What were they thinking?
upload_2017-6-8_19-25-56.png

Top Bottom