What's new

Travel Question

OK, another question. Thanks for all who answered my last question.

I use creams exclusively and am going to be travelling next month, just a little road trip. How do you transport your gear? We are going by car so the airlines and their ridiculous apprehension of nail clippers will not be an issue (I am sorry but if someone can take down a plane with a pair of nail clippers, they can take down the plane with anything). Do you repack your tubs, buy and use tubes just for this purpose, take the big tubs? How many scents do you take?

Thanks,

Darren

I take EVERYTHING I need, tubs, razors, blades, brush and all. And I still usually have room to spare.

-edit, But if you are going by plane, you are going to have to check your luggage.

I have a rollup wet kit and reserved-for-travel gear and consumables. I find that it is easier this way. I don't have to worry about forgetting anything because it is prepositioned and ready to roll. :001_rolle (Talk about anal retentive?)

guenron said:
I have a rollup wet kit and reserved-for-travel gear and consumables. I find that it is easier this way. I don't have to worry about forgetting anything because it is prepositioned and ready to roll. :001_rolle (Talk about anal retentive?)

Yes, me too. I decant a creams asbs colognes into smaller pots and put them inside my wet-pack. I do usually stick to one cream while travellng though.

I usually carry with me a wet shaving bag that holds the things that i need for shaving. Sometimes if i need extra space and i have large bottles of aftershave cream etc, i put some in a smaller bottle.

guenron said:
I've thought about doing this myself.

I amassed a small collection of sample sized pots when I started in on this pastime (for what it's worth, the ones that Crabtree & Evelyn do are just about perfect).

I transfer creams and balms into these pots with little labels. This way I can take a different cream for every day of the week. I take B&B Decant Club colognes as the bottles are small anyway. I also purchased a small 1/2 oz spritzer bottle to take my own Witch Hazel hydrosol concoction. One razor (Futur), couple of blades (depending on length of travel) and a brush in a travel tube. I came up with what I thought was a great idea for a travel shave bowl. It's one of those new Rubbermaid collapsible bowls - bloody marvelous! (You can find 'em in Wal-Mart etc.) This setup works out perfectly for me!

My better half bought me a beautiful leather dopp bag for my shaving gear and everything fits in there perfectly and doesn't take up very much room in luggage at all.:biggrin:

guenron said:

I've started doing this--though not with a roll-up wet pack, just a dop bag!--and its a great time and memory saver. It guarantees that I won't forget anything, and that I have everything I need when I get there. Its not really that big a hassle, and if you travel more than 3 or 4 times per year its totally worth the effort.

Top Bottom