What's new

Travel Case by Shane Sanchez

I had the good fortune of getting one of the travel cases from Shane's first run. Thought I would post my thoughts.

Brief background. My grandfather was an old school cobbler from Madeira who immigrated to the States early 20th century. I grew up visiting his shop, playing with leather scraps watching him work machines and hands to repair and make shoes. I know a good piece of leather when I see it.

I ordered the Cordovan case, a rich dark color. The leather in this case is substantial - nothing like the little wisps of cheap leather commonly seen on vintage travel razor cases, the leather cracking and ripping with ease over the years. This leather is going to last and last and last. The color and shine on the case are stunning, I can't quite capture the smooth sheen in the pictures. The clasp is heavy duty and no doubt it will hold up to many opens and closings. The interior of the case fits my Ikon bulldog handle firmly in it's holder, a razor head assembly and pack of blades.

The color matches well with the DOPP bag I bought.

Here are the pics...

I recommend anyone needing a travel case to keep Shane in mind, you won't be sorry.

And Shane, thanks for the case!!! Best of luck on your project!

Last edited by a moderator:
A small piece of leather on the back of the claps would be nice in order to protect the razor from scratches...
Other than that it is really nice ...

tam

Top Bottom