What's new

Travel Brushes

I'm new to the forum. Having recently rediscovered shaving with a brush and soap, I'll never go back to shaving foam in a can again.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on good travel brushes. I'm looking at the Geo Trumper and the Taylor T2 but have no idea which ones are any good. Thanks very much for the advice.

I just did a search and found some good info on other threads. Should have done that before I posted. Any comments on the two I'm looking at would be helpful

I don't know about the brushes you suggested, but because the price of a travel brush might be an important topic think about getting a boar brush (semogue or omega) or a synthetic brush (omega). These brushes are cheap and you don't have to worry about loss or damage.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Any brush can be a travel brush when placed in an adequate container.

Turnbacks ARE really cool looking though if you have the dough.

A less expensive but serviceable regular badger brush in a prescription or spice jar with holes in the top services as well or better though than a teeny tiny brush

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I picked up one of C&E travel brushes for some $11 when they had the "going-out of business" sale some time back, can't beat this price.
It is a pretty brush and I like to use it from time to time. I also have the T+H mini brush that came with a kit they sold in April for a good price, but it is not worth to use, I tried it once and tossed it in a corner.

I don't think you can beat the DOVO stainless steel travel brush. Its a silvertip 19mm brush and when its put away it is one solid unit. You can drive a tank over it and it won't hurt the thing. It is a bit pricey, but I swear it'll last 3 lifetimes. Oh yeah, its a fantastic brush to use, well worth the price and breaks down to a small unit in your dopp kit. Since your into wet shaving why cheap out when you travel? :biggrin: :wink: :001_rolle

You might want to check out ebarbershop.com they have a travel badger brush similar to dovo. I bought it when it was the brush alone for $45. good brush. It now comes has a kit with a leather case and razor for a little over $100.

I'm a Kent kind of guy (I own 3: a '70s vintage that I just had restored by Rudy Vey, a BK4 - both in silvertip - and their turnback travel brush in badger). I bought the Kent turnback about 6 years ago directly from Kent and I'm happy with it, though it's not quite as soft as my others, and it was a bit on the pricey side if I remember correctly.

+1 for just bringing along your favorite brush in a prescription drug container with a few holes drilled in the top. I got some from my local CVS, and they gave me 3 for free. As I will have written on my tombstone, "Cheap is good, but free is better."

I bought a Wee Scot ($45) for travel and liked it so much it is has become my daily brush now. Great travel brush at a very affordable price.

+1 on the Vulfix turnback. I use a TOBS branded version, and it is fantastic when paired with a shaving stick. Quickest lathering brush I have ever used.

I picked up one of C&E travel brushes for some $11 when they had the "going-out of business" sale some time back, can't beat this price.
It is a pretty brush and I like to use it from time to time. I also have the T+H mini brush that came with a kit they sold in April for a good price, but it is not worth to use, I tried it once and tossed it in a corner.

Great deal there, I wish I'd gotten into this a few weeks earlier (was told by my local shop they went up to 80% off on some brushes!).

My C&E travel brush got here today (just got done unpacking it). Looks great, and I found a coupon code good for 40% 0ff an online order (not hard to find, do a Google on Crabtree & Evelyn coupon code and you should find it). I wish I'd been able to do that with my BBB, but unfortunately, C&E doesn't even list these on the site currently, saying they may get some back in (unknown).

I don't think you can beat the DOVO stainless steel travel brush. Its a silvertip 19mm brush and when its put away it is one solid unit. You can drive a tank over it and it won't hurt the thing. It is a bit pricey, but I swear it'll last 3 lifetimes. Oh yeah, its a fantastic brush to use, well worth the price and breaks down to a small unit in your dopp kit. Since your into wet shaving why cheap out when you travel? :biggrin: :wink: :001_rolle

ive one of these too. its pretty much indestructable, and a great shaver too.

(also, if you hold it in your fist and punch someone you can get a KO)

I have the Trumpers Travel Brush, and recently put it through its paces. It face lathered soaps quite well, be they tallow or glycerin-based, in puck or stick form. It also did nicely with creams. In all cases, it easily held enough lather for 3 passes, with at least 1 more pass left in the brush YMMV.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Although I have the Trumper travel brush in pure badger, I take my EJ Medium Silvertip when I am traveling. I actually put it in the Trumper travel tube. Fits perfectly.

Top Bottom