What's new

Travel Brush

I'll be traveling for work every now and then, and am thinking about putting together a travel kit.

As far as brushes go, I'll be checking out the Simpson Case and Major brushes, and the vulfix branded verson of the Simpson Major.
I have a jack black synthetic that came with a case/stand, but it's kind of big.

Any other suggestions?

As others have recommended in similar threads Semogue or Omegas have models that are good inexpensive travelers. Semogue 620 is the one I generally go with.

When traveling, I leave the brush at home.

You can do just fine lathering up any soap or cream by hand, and neither your whiskers or your razor will know the difference.

I'll be traveling for work every now and then, and am thinking about putting together a travel kit.

As far as brushes go, I'll be checking out the Simpson Case and Major brushes, and the vulfix branded verson of the Simpson Major.
I have a jack black synthetic that came with a case/stand, but it's kind of big.

Any other suggestions?

Duke 1 fits into the Simpsons travel tube (it's very close in size to the Case brush).

I traveled with my Duke 1 and some shave sticks for 3 months and enjoyed it greatly.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Da Vinci's travel brush is probably the smallest tube of any. About the thickness of a lipstick, although longer. Nice compact design and the brush itself is a great performer.

I used a Semogue 830 for years. Boar brushes in general do not seem to dry out very fast especially when packed. Recently got a Muhle synthetic travel brush, which is working out great.

I used a Semogue 830 for years. Boar brushes in general do not seem to dry out very fast especially when packed. Recently got a Muhle synthetic travel brush, which is working out great.

Everyone has different considerations when travelling. To me brush size is not one of them so I try to stay away from the tiny "travel" brushes. My biggest consideration in a travel brush is dry time. I would stick with a quality synthetic brush since they dry the fastest. I don't think you can go wrong with a Muhle.

Last edited:
I just got back from vacation. My "travel" brush this trip was a Thater 4125/2 2-band carried in a Muhle travel tube. I don't believe in roughing it.

When traveling, I leave the brush at home.

You can do just fine lathering up any soap or cream by hand, and neither your whiskers or your razor will know the difference.

The point is to have a bit of the same routine I have at home and a bit of luxury on the road. Something to help me unwind after a hard day of work in a new place.

Dovo makes a silvertip travel brush that packs into its own stainless steel tube that becomes the handle. I've had one for years, and you could drive a tank over the thing and not hurt it. It packs away into its tube which doesn't take up much room in my dopp kit. Its not cheap, but its well worth it, and its a really nice brush. Check it out at any of the vendors, or just type in Dovo stainless travel brush.

Top Bottom