What's new

Travel Balm

Can anyone recommend a good travel size balm? I use Bigelow shaving cream when I'm on the road, and a PA Synthetic brush-works great. I am having a tough time finding a small tube of balm I like though (other than AOS, I guess). I normally use one of the Prorasos (Green or White) or Nivea Sensitive at home, but I don't like transferring them to GoTubes and would like to just grab something that complements the Bigelow cream. Not a huge deal, but maybe someone has a suggestion. Thanks.

I was looking into this recently for an upcoming trip. Nancy Boy has some travel size balm that is semi-reasonably priced. More reasonably priced than AoS anyway. Haven’t tried it before so I can’t say I recommend it, but I’ll probably order a couple. There were 4 scents iirc, but no idea if any would complement your cream.

435DB6CE-82B0-4108-B085-618BC19DE1D2.jpeg

Duke Cannon has a travel size cooling balm available at target
Good call, but my problem with travel sized products is you usually pay more per ounce for the reduced size. I just checked the price at Target for the Duke Cannon ASB (which I have tried and really like) and a 6 ounce bottle is $10 while a 2.3 ounce bottle is $6; that's one heckuva mark-up for the sake of convenience. That's why I suggested grabbing a travel-size container, transferring the balm-of-choice, and calling it a day. You can get a 3-piece travel bottle set from Dollar Tree for $1, but it's not my money...

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a good travel size balm? I use Bigelow shaving cream when I'm on the road, and a PA Synthetic brush-works great. I am having a tough time finding a small tube of balm I like though (other than AOS, I guess). I normally use one of the Prorasos (Green or White) or Nivea Sensitive at home, but I don't like transferring them to GoTubes and would like to just grab something that complements the Bigelow cream. Not a huge deal, but maybe someone has a suggestion. Thanks.
I'm really just trying to help... What don't you like? What method do you use for transfer? If you don't already have one, just get a marinade injector (probably available at your local Dollar Tree) and use that to load the travel tube with your chosen balm. I use one to refill my vintage Old Spice aftershave bottle and it works much better than a funnel.

H9acb30213a964d86b53ad9a874b1082bI.jpg

Good luck...

Last edited:
I have got some travel size friendly containers for this which work wonders for me. But I have a small size weleda balm and have had Travel sized tubes from men-U which did not disappoint as a shave soap and a aftershave balm. The full size versions are not large either.
In emergency you can shave with hair conditioner or hand soap and a normal body lotion can double as a aftershave balm.
But in the end you tend to end up with refillable and washable 30-50ml bottles and Jarrs to use whatever you already have and more important like.

Was on a similar search and have found Lea 3-in-1 Sensitive Skin in a travel size. That'll be my travel AS for the time being.

I'm really just trying to help... What don't you like? What method do you use for transfer? If you don't already have one, just get a marinade injector (probably available at your local Dollar Tree) and use that to load the travel tube with your chosen balm. I use one to refill my vintage Old Spice aftershave bottle and it works much better than a funnel.

View attachment 1397131

Good luck...

I bought a 4-funnel set from Harbor freight for $1 and the smallest one works for decanting into those small Dollar Tree bottles. Marinade injector never occurred to me.

Top Bottom