What's new

Transferring Shaving cream from a tube to a tub (or a similar container).

Funny, I always prefer the tub over the tube! Best buy tubs to avoid the mess and waste, the cream is usually the same except for the viscosity I reckon!

Tubes are easier for travel, except the ones who's plastic caps crack an leak.

Just do what you find more comfortable. Its really no big deal :)

Well gentlemen, what say you?

Tips?

Advice?

Suggestions?

It's not that complicated is it :001_tongu

$matrice2.jpg

It's actually pretty simple.......
$solve-linear-equations-using-matrices-800x800.jpg

1. Get an empty pot/tub
2. Clean it & wash it
3. Open the tube you wish to transfer to the pot
4. Take the tube of shaving cream in your hand
5. Hold it over the now cleaned empty pot
6. Squeeze the content of the tube out into the empty pot
7. Put the lid on the pot
8. Throw the empty tube away

Enjoy your tube cream in your new pot
:c9:

Seriously - I do this quite often.
I like Speick and Erasmic made in Jordan shaving creams, but the tubes suck because they fall over easily and I hate the look of the tubes, so I just put the 2 Speick tubes of cream into one of my large empty Fitjar pots and 3 Erasmic tubes into an empty Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood pot I had, because I threw the Sandalwood cream out (I hated the scent, because I expected the old formulation of the Sandalwood and not the new stinking cologne version)

Last edited:

View attachment 252294

View attachment 252295

1. Get an empty pot/tub
2. Clean it & wash it

I like Speick and Erasmic made in Jordan shaving creams, but the tubes suck because they fall over easily and I hate the look of the tubes, so I just put the 2 Speick tubes of cream into one of my large empty Fitjar pots and 3 Erasmic tubes into an empty Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood pot I had, because I threw the Sandalwood cream out (I hated the scent, because I expected the old formulation of the Sandalwood and not the new stinking cologne version)

Thanks Claus. I know that it's quite simple & Just wanted to know if you gents advise it or not.

I must be missing something. What's wrong with the tube. I kind of like the simplicity of just squeezing a wee bit into my bowl. Certainly easier than my tubs of cream where I use a little demi-tasse spoon to scoop some out to transfer it to the bowl.

I must be missing something. What's wrong with the tube. I kind of like the simplicity of just squeezing a wee bit into my bowl. Certainly easier than my tubs of cream where I use a little demi-tasse spoon to scoop some out to transfer it to the bowl.

I much prefer tubes too. I just squeeze a bit directly into the knot and go straight to the face. Works great and I'm better able to control how much I'm using.

I much prefer tubes too. I just squeeze a bit directly into the knot and go straight to the face. Works great and I'm better able to control how much I'm using.

Kind of agree, but to some looks is important and some tubes just look nicer than others :001_tt2:

My cupboard is better suited for pots than tubes, and since I disliked the way the Speick tube looked next to the Acqua di Parma pot and Penhaligons and other creams I own, I decided to empty a couple of my Speick and Erasmic tubes into two empty pots.
Still have my Proraso, Musgo, Penhaligons, a couple of Truefitthill and I Cologniali tubes in my den because I like the way they look in their tubes :001_tongu

Hate metal tubes that cracks once you start using them - Erasmic tube was such a tube.
Speick tube is fine - JUST HATE THE RED - BLUE TUBE DESIGN, love the cream though, GREAT shaving cream.

View attachment 252294

View attachment 252295

1. Get an empty pot/tub
2. Clean it & wash it

Exactly how I transfer mine, I prefer tubs since it's easier to use if the cream becomes firm.

View attachment 252295

Ha, I can solve a Rubik's cube in under a minute. My best time is 29.80 seconds. :001_cool: (I can only shave once a day, and I don't have much of a social life... I also have a 7x7)

I know that someone else on here did a tube to tub with Old Spice cream. He waited like 6 weeks for it to harden up (Or at lest I'm pretty sure it was 6 weeks. Maybe less if it's hot.) I haven't done it, but I would think to leave the lid off for a few days so it drys a bit if you just dip your brush in to load it...

+1 on the recommendation where the tube is shot, e.g. the local Aussie Palmolive, the cap thread shat itself after 2 or 3 shaves (gee, i don't even know my own strength). Put the lot in an empty (washed) L'Occitane Cade face cream jar. Worked as good as if it was a bought one and it looked less embarrassing in the drawer (albeit misleading).

Anybody got any experience on a like-for-like comparo of the bowl v tube version of the same product? Which one dries out quicker, stays "new" or "newish" for longer, etc?

My hypothesis is that the tube product wins because it has less exposure to the outside environment and the screw cap (when it hasn't shat itself) is probably a more airtight fit than the thread on a jar. May be hard to tell where the jar contains a larger volume than the tube, so potentially the experiment would need 2 or more tubes in rotation to get sufficient "airtime" commensurate with the jar.

I have put Godrej Lime and Park Avenue Classic into jars at 5mm layers and they dried nicely in the Indian heat in about 2 days to the "Omega Eucalyptus in tub" consistency.

I found that the fragrance in weaker when lathering from the jar, so that is the negative.

The positives are that it is much easier to load the brush more uniformly from the jar and more frugal.
The spatter that occurs with tube cream on the brush, that accompanies the first few strokes on the face are avoided.
My wife complains less about flung lather on the basin, mirror and tiles.

I have a nice tube squeezer that shall squeeze every drop out of the tube into my jars.
Crimps the metal tubes as you go. Nice. $ 1.20 Equivalent.
.$a901-tube-squeezer.jpg

Personally I'm a big fan of decanting creams, I squeeze all my tube creams into a jar, makes loading the brush easier and looks better on the counter top too.

Top Bottom