What's new

training days

Well I got hold of some got2b glued gel. I have tried it and, well maybe I did it wrong :blushing:, but my mustache still wants to go it's own way. How long will it take to train it? Would wax work better? As soon as can I plan on getting some firehouse or fisticuffs wax. Would appreciate a basic run down on how this ought to work. Thanks y'all.
Prophoss

I've never used the gel but I often use Got2B Glued Spiking Glue.

I find the best way to use the Got2B is to wet your mustache then pat it dry some until it's damp. Then I put some glue on a fingertip and work it into the hair.

After that I use a mustache comb to blend it in and get out the excess glue. You may need to wipe off the comb a couple times.
Once the glue is blended it will go clear and start to harden as your mustache dries so I direct the mustache hair with my finger as it dries and gets tacky I also curl the tips some.

It will harden up pretty good but you can add a bit more glue if needed by slightly dampening your the surface of your mustache with your finger then lightly blending in some more glue.

If your skin feels tight or tacky around your mustache after using the glue I use the tip of a wet cloth or my finger to wet the skin around my mustache then dry it off. If you use a lot of glue you mustache might feel tight on your skin but it will loosen up after a bit.

Depending on your hair it could take a couple months for your mustache to start to hold it's shape without wax or glue. I find if I'm going without any product for the day then using a mustache brush to brush the hair into place works really well.

Wax like firehouse work really well also. I prefer to use wax if going out for the night or anywhere special but I use glue at work since the wax stays a bit tacky all day it can pick up dust easy from my wood shop.

If using wax I dig some out with the back of my fingernail then rub it between my fingers until it's soft enough to apply to the surface of my hair. I then use a hair dryer blowing on my mustache to melt the wax so I can blend it evenly throughout the hair with my comb.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of good tips here from the other guys.

I figured out part of the problem. Apparently the got2b glued stuff had separated a bit and only the gell part was coming out at first. I shook it up and tried again this morning and the actual paste come out of the tube. It is holding much better now. Thanks for the info luminose, good stuff. Now I can start on my handlebar!:thumbup:

I started using Clubman wax yesterday, and did notice that it will take sometime to "train" the mustache hairs to grow in a certain direction.

I will keep brushing it and hope for the best.

Top Bottom