What's new

Tragedy Struck

Ok. I decided to go with the Barbero alum block. It found two 75g blocks for $12.90. No cost for shipping. Made in France. 9 cents a gram. Best price I could find for the certainty that it isn't made in China. Now I just need to learn how to hold onto the dang thing.

Ok. I decided to go with the Barbero alum block. It found two 75g blocks for $12.90. No cost for shipping. Made in France. 9 cents a gram. Best price I could find for the certainty that it isn't made in China. Now I just need to learn how to hold onto the dang thing.
Ordered the last pair myself.

I'm happy now. My two block of Barbero alum came in yesterday and both blocks are intact. I feel whole again. :biggrin1:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Oh how ifeel your pain and have been there unfortunately several times. The first time that happened i didn't get all the pieces and was later acused of breaking a glass in the bathroom. The reaction to my explanation of an alum block added insult to injury. i usually get them on Amazon but this time i added one to a on line Pasteur order i made.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I think the first time that happened to me i used a brand new one once and before i could get it in the little box it flew from my fingers sailed in the air like a bird and smashed to a million pieces on a marble hotel bathroom floor.

I think the first time that happened to me i used a brand new one once and before i could get it in the little box it flew from my fingers sailed in the air like a bird and smashed to a million pieces on a marble hotel bathroom floor.

Isn't it interesting how it always seems to happen in slow motion? As though it could have been prevented somehow? Yet, there it is laying on the floor in god knows how many pieces.

Same thing happened to me with my Osma block. Devastated. At least it gave me an excuse to buy another one, and some other stuff too to meet the free shipping threshold. :)

I use the Razorock alum block, the stick round one, not only is it smooth all the time it doesn’t chip and chunk away. Also plastic round handle makes it super easy to use.

I stopped using block square alum cause of the dropping shattering bs.

I use the Razorock alum block, the stick round one, not only is it smooth all the time it doesn’t chip and chunk away. Also plastic round handle makes it super easy to use.

I stopped using block square alum cause of the dropping shattering bs.

I use the RazoRock stick you mention as my travel alum. I use the rectangular block at home.

Top Bottom