What's new

Traditional Turkish Shave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I do like the rotating strings and the flaming Q tip :thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbOuCslWosQ[/YOUTUBE]
there is something magical about a professional shave. Women have many indulgences to lose themselves to- we have shaving. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have a professional shave and not feel better about the world around you. (Never had the flaming q-tip, but I did forget the part where the blade gets wiped on the barber's hand to get rid of the lather)

so what do the rotating strings do, and (just out of pure curiosity) does anyone know what a traditional shave costs on average in Turkey? Would be a lovely country to visit someday.

so what do the rotating strings do, and (just out of pure curiosity) does anyone know what a traditional shave costs on average in Turkey? Would be a lovely country to visit someday.

Starts at around 2 to 3 bucks and goes up from there.

Turkey is a great place to visit. Istanbul is great great beaches too, like Fethiye. Awesome food too

proxy.php

I had a similar shaves in Iraq, no flaming q-tip. They did this weird thing where they folded there hands and wacked the back of your head, it always made the oddest sound.

Has anyone else had a similar experience outside the U.S. ?

Had a similar shave in Iraq just like you said, not had occasion to have it else where yet. Maybe Phil could could tell us about the shaves in India.

I do like the rotating strings and the flaming Q tip :thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbOuCslWosQ[/YOUTUBE]

OK. Let's get this straight. Are you the Hollywood George Clooney? If so I admire your work. No autograph necessary.

As to the shave not at all sure about the flaming Q-tips and the strings.

I used to get haircutrs when I lived in China that seemed to be half massage.
It was like Ok Ok just cut the hair please.

But guys giving massages and arm snapping? Nooooo. Don't think so.:blink:

OK. Let's get this straight. Are you the Hollywood George Clooney? If so I admire your work. No autograph necessary.

As to the shave not at all sure about the flaming Q-tips and the strings.

I used to get haircutrs when I lived in China that seemed to be half massage.
It was like Ok Ok just cut the hair please.

But guys giving massages and arm snapping? Nooooo. Don't think so.:blink:

Shumanfoo, I have had that type of massage done many times and it actually reduces the strain caused by typing or repeated hand work, writing, 10 key entry, etc. It works well. It moves the muscles back to a more neutral position. I like it. They can also go down to each finger on the hand which really helps as well. When I do get a massage, I ask for this process twice because it helps so much. I usually have this done about once a month.

What is the flaming q-tip for??? Opening up the pores or just pure amusement/general bad ***-ery?

Top Bottom