What's new

Traditional Shaving euphoria, Now what?

So, over the past year and with the advice of the amazing members at B&B, I have perfected my shaving skills, acquired some great DE razors, shaving creams, brushes and blades. I find these days that the traditional shaving euphoria I experienced in the beginning is on a permanent downslope since I once again view shaving as a mundane daily chore. Anyone else feel the same way and what do you do to keep your shave interesting?

I wonder at times if this will happen to me. I think if I were to use just one soap/brush/razor combo that would be a possibility but by mixing it up and changing techniques, trying new things constantly, I am able to keep the shaving experience fresh. Even if/when it becomes mundane again, at least I won't be spending a fortune on Carts.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Trying new products help. Trying to create that ultimate combo of fragrances help. Anything to maximize the experience. Mostly, thinking that this is "me" time. It's my time that I take for myself.

I've only been at this for 2 months so I hope the good feelings will last. I still have to shave and the benefits of brush, soap, DE razor with a good blade and witch hazel have improved my general hygiene. My face feels and looks better. I also like the prep and the peace of "my time". Another good reason, I guess, is the money savings!

Sounds like its time to break into straights! :001_smile

Personally I just keep trading and trying new things, and the various combinations that I use constantly keep me on my toes. Every shave is either a new combination, or one that I haven't used in while. Good luck in your reaffirmation of shaving euphoria Sir!

The fact that I can now choose from 8 different razors, 9 brushes, 30+ soaps/creams and 10 aftershaves keeps it interesting enough for me add to that it's the only time I get to myself and I really don't see myself ever getting bored with it.

I wonder at times if this will happen to me. I think if I were to use just one soap/brush/razor combo that would be a possibility but by mixing it up and changing techniques, trying new things constantly, I am able to keep the shaving experience fresh. Even if/when it becomes mundane again, at least I won't be spending a fortune on Carts.
^^^This. I needed to get more soaps / creams before the sabbatical.

Do something really stupid and reckless. Like try a straight or SE or R41. After the bleeding stops, you will thank me. Or not ...

Top Bottom