What's new

Tradere Is Back

From Shane @ Blackland Razors from his Facebook page
" After five long years, Tradere is back in a big way. I’ve spent the last year working with Tradere founder Richard Mason to bring these iconic razors back into production. This fall, Blackland is picking up where he left off with the return of the Gen 1 OC and Gen 2 SB. "

Very interesting. I've been wondering if Tradere was a good performer and if it can hold it's own against the newer razors these days.

I hope Shane offers them at a good price.

Very interesting. I've been wondering if Tradere was a good performer and if it can hold it's own against the newer razors these days.

I hope Shane offers them at a good price.
When they were sold directly through Tradare the price was $169 with shipping. That was at least five years ago. I suspect they will be probably be sold for at least $185 which is the price Shane charges for the matte finish Blackbirds.

I suspect they will be probably be sold for at least $185 which is the price Shane charges for the matte finish Blackbirds.

I suspect that would then cannibalise sales of the Blackbird.
I am guessing this will be a premium offering...a la RS10.

I’m going to predict closer to $300.

That polished finish looks ultra fancy, plus richard will probably get a sizable royalty on each razor sold. Plus, as was said above, Shane won’t want to cannibalize blackbird sales.

I suspect a slightly higher price than the rest of his razors, maybe in the $225-$300 range. He is licensing this from the Tradere creator and so some of those funds need to go to that. He would also need to think about taking sales away from his existing razors as @Tester28 pointed out. Anyway, he has a FB discussion on Tuesday at 5 PM PDT.

I am really looking forward to this. I have the First gen OC and it is a marvelous razor. I know Shane will do an excellent job recreating this razor, and I suspect that if it’s polished like the original we will be in the premium razor prices

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Huh, I liked my Tradere, but sold it off eventually. Mine was an OC Gen 2 I recall, nice razor but I have way too many and another gent wanted it more than I did ..

With all these 2019 releases of stainless steel razors the choices are increasing. As others have said already I suspect a premium pricing so as not to eat away at Blackland’s current models and pay licensing fees - I won’t be surprised to see a $300 razor which was a price point recently vacated by Wolfman and challenged by others (Carbon, Raw). I wonder which of these 2019 releases will survive and expand into other versions.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So what do you think is going to happen to the resale prices of the original if the new model is just as nice or better? And why would you pay the money for the original that sellers are asking

So what do you think is going to happen to the resale prices of the original if the new model is just as nice or better? And why would you pay the money for the original that sellers are asking

The status of Tradere will simply change from unobtainium to obtainium.

I wonder for how long. Do we know if this will be a limited run or a permanent high-end addition to the Blackland lineup.

Of course no one really knows but Blackland...it is a company that seems very well run.
I mean he didn't just make 100 blackbirds and call it a day. So there's hope
that he will make these in steady quantities....someone should ask him during his facebook Q&A.

Top Bottom