What's new

Tradere Is Back

What is Richard risking, exactly? If these go well, everyone will appreciate his designs, he gets to see his products in the hands of customers, and we both bask in the glory of a project well done. If they go badly, it’s my baby and I’ll look like an idiot for ruining Richard’s design. His risk is zero, as it should be.

The current estimate is this fall.

I highly doubt your version will affect the original Tradere, there will always be collectors who want the original and will pay the price. I’m not a collector and I think it”s great that your doing this and let’s face it, it’s going to be a big seller for you. What’s great about this is the potential for a Tradere in different metals, a stand coming out for Tradere razor, original and the Blackland ones. I never had a desire to own a Tradere until this announcement.

Like others have said this is no different than the BBS-1 and WR-2 and that certainly hasn’t ruined the BBS-1.

Look forward to seeing this come to market by one of the best razor makers. I’m pretty sure I’m in on release date, will this razor still be backed by you money back guarantee?

New Tradere handle has been finalized. Markedly improved over the original while still maintaining the aesthetics. More photos and details on FB/Instagram.

Head updates coming soon!

4B835CAF-C7D8-474F-973E-2AC2CE469E7C.jpeg

New Tradere handle has been finalized. Markedly improved over the original while still maintaining the aesthetics. More photos and details on FB/Instagram.

Head updates coming soon!

View attachment 1021566

Very beautiful. And I am very pleased to see that it isn't just a copy of the original but rather that it is something that pays homage to the original with a fine new version. That approach speaks well for Shane at Blackland. Respect.

Very beautiful. And I am very pleased to see that it isn't just a copy of the original but rather that it is something that pays homage to the original with a fine new version. That approach speaks well for Shane at Blackland. Respect.

I appreciate that! It’s a fine line to walk. My goal isn’t to add my vision on to Richard’s, but rather to execute his vision as perfectly as possible.

We’re doing custom boxes and foam inserts for the Tradere. These may be different from the boxes we currently use, but that hasn’t been finalized. Either way, it’ll be nice.

Regarding price, they’ll be expensive. No way around that. My goal is to bring these back as perfectly as possible. Tradere has reached mythical status so my reintroduction has to be near perfect. That means tight machining, excellent polishing, serialized engraving, custom packaging, etc. Of course, I’m trying to keep it somewhat reasonable, but the result is more important than price point for this one.

That's amazing that there will be new custom boxes packaging. I hope it will be more attractive and secure that first. It is a sure thing if you focus on its packaging in all aspects then it will be a little costly but I think quality, security etc matter a lot and people can understand it.

I've saved this link and been following it for a while. Can't wait to learn when it's going to be available!

It’s tough to keep all the different forums and media updated equally

All we ask for is inside information. Is that too hard ;) ? Seriously, just keep the information flowing as much as you can.

Well considering that their CNC machine broke down and they have to catch up on production of Blackbirds and Darts I would think the intro will be somewhat delayed.

I thought it was specifically the machine for Blackbirds and Darts that went down, and it doesn't impact the others.

This is correct. Tradere production was unaffected by that. It’s still delayed, but it’s just delayed in the way that new things usually get delayed rather than because of a specific issue. It’s just hard to predict the production cycle of something you’ve never produced. I am anticipating having a few complete machined Traderes in hand very soon.

I stand corrected

It’s a pretty reasonable assumption to make so I would have probably thought the same. The Tradere is being run on a different machine.

Also, that broken machine has been fixed and everything is back up and running finally! Blackbirds, Vectors, Sabres, and Traderes are all at different stages of production.

Top Bottom