What's new

Tradere Is Back

You guys are ruining my life. I had RAD under control, but Tradere and Weber are two razors that have been in my bucket list for a while.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
:DI hear you man. I got lucky picking up a Weber P H back in 2012-13. I need to trim down my DE collection, but the Weber has earned a permanent spot in my rotation.
I missed out on the Tradere back then but have always been curious about it. I'll be keeping my eye on this project.

I wish I had kept my Tradere so I could sell it for $700. I never enjoyed shaving with it. @snowman , if you want a Weber experience buy an ATT M in SB. It's almost the exact same shave. Webers were nice for their time, but there are much better razors to be had now. I sold mine for an absurd amount of money and don't regret it for a moment.

I wish I had kept my Tradere so I could sell it for $700. I never enjoyed shaving with it. @snowman , if you want a Weber experience buy an ATT M in SB. It's almost the exact same shave. Webers were nice for their time, but there are much better razors to be had now. I sold mine for an absurd amount of money and don't regret it for a moment.

Oh I get it, believe me. I have several razors that provide excellent shaves, one of them being an ATT. Since I already have razors that give fantastic shaves what’s the point in getting any more. I only have one face after all.

But......that Ferris Beuller quote keeps rattling around my head. “If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.”

I want a Weber and Tradere. I shall have a Weber and Tradere.

I’m glad to see this project is getting off the ground and will watch it with interest.

You guys are ruining my life. I had RAD under control, but Tradere and Weber are two razors that have been in my bucket list for a while.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
I am in the same boat and I can't abandon ship fast enough. I'd probably sink anyways with all the razors I've purchased. :001_cool::001_cool::001_cool:

So what do you think is going to happen to the resale prices of the original if the new model is just as nice or better? And why would you pay the money for the original that sellers are asking
It will be the same as what happened to the original L.A. Shave Soap BBS-1 versus the later Wolfman and the original Darwin versus the Bullgoose Darwin. Collectors and some other shave aficionados will want the originals so the prices on the original will go up in value. It’s like purchasing an original Shelby Cobra or one of the recent resurrections of a Shelby.

It will be the same as what happened to the original L.A. Shave Soap BBS-1 versus the later Wolfman

The BBS-1 is a beautiful looking razor with its unique handle.
The head is about the same as the one employed in the Wolfman
WR-2...with, most likely, some tweaks that are invisible to the naked eye.

However, I will theorise that higher gapped versions of the WR2 (1.15 and above)
are more efficient than the BBS-1, while being equally smooth.

In short, a BBS-1 is not something I would yearn for.

Remains to be seen what will happen to the earlier versions of the Tradere.
But I doubt the price will ever climb to crazy levels. Maybe a mint or NOS Gen1 in the
plastic case might be sought after.

But I doubt the price will ever climb to crazy levels. Maybe a mint or NOS Gen1 in the
So.... $2100 for a set of Tradere razors isn't "crazy level" to you?

Tradere razors started in 2012 and originaly sold from their own website and then Bullgoose Shaving and WCS. They were going for $169 and handles for $44. It was a Pop and Mom operation. Great build quality and I am sure it will continue by Blackland at a fair market price.

So.... $2100 for a set of Tradere razors isn't "crazy level" to you?

That's just the asking price, not the amount on a completed sale. And who are we to judge
the seller? If he gets it, good for him, it means someone wants it quite badly.

BTW, the guy who put that up copped a bit of flack for it and I think he's removed the listing now.
Mind you, in his listing, the razors had no cases....and I doubt he was the first owner.

Tradere razors started in 2012 and originaly sold from their own website and then Bullgoose Shaving and WCS. They were going for $169 and handles for $44. It was a Pop and Mom operation. Great build quality and I am sure it will continue by Blackland at a fair market price.

It definitely was a mom and pop operation. For Richard, Tradere was a fun hobby and not at all his day job. He worked with a local machinist and he would go down on the weekends to help polish the razors. Then he and wife assembled and packed each one.

The BBS-1 is a beautiful looking razor with its unique handle.
The head is about the same as the one employed in the Wolfman
WR-2...with, most likely, some tweaks that are invisible to the naked eye.

However, I will theorise that higher gapped versions of the WR2 (1.15 and above)
are more efficient than the BBS-1, while being equally smooth.

In short, a BBS-1 is not something I would yearn for.

Excellent observation. But time will tell about the Tradere. Either you go out on top several years ago manufacturing one of the best and most sought after razors in the world or you enter into a licensing deal and risk it all.

Excellent observation. But time will tell about the Tradere. Either you go out on top several years ago manufacturing one of the best and most sought after razors in the world or you enter into a licensing deal and risk it all.
Oh, I don't know, it seems like the original maker wins either way. Either the new version somehow lacks the mojo of the original, and his reputation, as a legendary design genius who took time off his day job and did something that cannot be recreated, even by one of today's most respected high-end makers, only increases, or, as I think is more likely, the new version is just as good, and his reputation as a legendary design genius, who took time off his day job and did something that even now is worth copying, only increases.

What is Richard risking, exactly? If these go well, everyone will appreciate his designs, he gets to see his products in the hands of customers, and we both bask in the glory of a project well done. If they go badly, it’s my baby and I’ll look like an idiot for ruining Richard’s design. His risk is zero, as it should be.

Anybody know when these will be up for sale?

The current estimate is this fall.

What is Richard risking, exactly? If these go well, everyone will appreciate his designs, he gets to see his products in the hands of customers, and we both bask in the glory of a project well done. If they go badly, it’s my baby and I’ll look like an idiot for ruining Richard’s design. His risk is zero, as it should be.

The current estimate is this fall.
Define fall - before thanksgiving?

Top Bottom