What's new

Tradere...again...

I don't know how many actual pieces were in that first run, but I've got a feeling there will be a few of these.:w00t:

Yeah. AWESOME shave.

I was in shave Nirvana, until my wife popped open the BR door to tell me the funniest thing she'd ever heard, on Criminal Minds. Of course, perhaps I was being a touch ambitious: my first shave with the Tradere was also my first time running a Feather...:death:took a nice little divot out of the tip of my chin. Buuut. Otherwise, this was the best shave I've had from a DE.

I've been thinning my initial DE RAD hoard, uh, "modest collection", and the Tradere makes this much worse. I never thought I would consider dumping most of my vintage pieces for a modern razor. I definitely understand pride-of-ownership, but wasn't tickled by the relative prices and styles of iKon, Pils, Feather or Weber. I will definitely be waiting on the next head offering- this is the razor equivalent of a boxed Dan Wesson revolver set.:001_cool:

I don't know how many actual pieces were in that first run, but I've got a feeling there will be a few of these.:w00t:

Yeah. AWESOME shave.

I was in shave Nirvana, until my wife popped open the BR door to tell me the funniest thing she'd ever heard, on Criminal Minds. Of course, perhaps I was being a touch ambitious: my first shave with the Tradere was also my first time running a Feather...:death:took a nice little divot out of the tip of my chin. Buuut. Otherwise, this was the best shave I've had from a DE.

I've been thinning my initial DE RAD hoard, uh, "modest collection", and the Tradere makes this much worse. I never thought I would consider dumping most of my vintage pieces for a modern razor. I definitely understand pride-of-ownership, but wasn't tickled by the relative prices and styles of iKon, Pils, Feather or Weber. I will definitely be waiting on the next head offering- this is the razor equivalent of a boxed Dan Wesson revolver set.:001_cool:

great review, what vintage would u compare to?

Ah, thanks, Alex, I posted a few places ,and forgot to note my baseline.

I'm pretty much an SE guy, for DFS/BBS, and overall quality of shave. I run my DEs mostly as a break, and to see if my technique has changed my performance with a given razor, previously rated, "okay".

In that vein, my preferences, in no particular order:
Tradere handle with '31 Goodwill or Stahly head
Senator
Valet (VC-4, VB-1, VC2)
Fatboy
Wilkinson Sword Strong Beard
Lather catcher variants

For folks saying that the Tradere is behind the R41 in aggression, then I would assume the R41 is close to the Wilkie or early AS, in the DE world (my hatred for high-dollar zinc preventing me from sampling that particular ware).

I'm upset with Richard, as he has made my quest for a fine shave on the DE side, with a high-quality tool, a completed journey. If he does in fact, produce a CC and slant, the light of adventure in my shaving world will most likely be quenched... Please, Lord, do not let him make a CAD/CAM tungsten body, cobalt edged straight! :crying:

Top Bottom