What's new

Trader Joe's coffee beans

Curious if anyone here has tried Trader Joe's coffee beans. Ill be honest if $ grew on trees I'd only have Onyx fresh roasted beans (they're local as I'm in Arkansas). However inflation being what it is the grocery store is a tough place economically these days. For "grocery store beans" I've been pretty pleased with TJ beans. I brew coffee daily in a Technivorm Moccamaster, and while it isn't honey washed boutique specialty roasted...its solid for the $.

I’ve got the TJ’s Ethiopian and Colombia Supremo beans vacuum sealed in the cupboard at home.

The CS beans are a good medium roast and the Ethiopian beans are slightly milder and sweeter.

Last edited:
It has been years since I've had it, but I found Trader Joe's "Joe" to be drinkable. When I am buying grocery store coffee, I generally go for whatever looks to be the high volume seller in the hope that it is fresher on average than the more exotic and expensive coffees sold alongside it.

very very long time ago, i used to buy coffee from Trader Joes, but if you are look for a good coffee with "kick", better to stay away and look for local good roasters.

I’m not a coffee snob, but I enjoy Trader Joe’s French roast in the black bag. I make it in a French press and drink it black.

I sadly quit drinking coffee, but my favorite TJ's coffee was their Bolivian Roast -- fantastic caramel-ish flavor. IMO, the best they have. Haven't been to TJs in a while. Hopefully they still sell it.

I buy my beans from a local roaster and it's the best coffee I've ever had. He uses an old fashion roasted from the 1970s. But recently the price has gone up. I can't blame the guy. He is in his late 70s and only sells roasted beans from around the world. I bet he has 30 different beans available at all times. No sitting spots or cups of joe. Just beans.

What kinda price are these TJ beans going for? I know the wife goes there once or twice a month. I might be looking into this if the price is right and the beans are not months old from roasted.

Help me save a few bucks. I do a french press twice a day on work days and three times a day on my days off. So that's 1.75 pounds of beans a week. Help!

I picked up some Joe Coffee Beans. Got the Medium roast and a larger container of the Columbian Supremo. Crossing my fingers that these will work for my taste buds as this was about a third of the cost I normally pay for coffee beans roasted locally.

Top Bottom