What's new

Town View Leather Moccasins

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Lined with deer skin. Softer on the bare feet. And speaking for myself I just like the color contrast. Also another layer of padding and insulation.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Curious why everyone is ordering the "lined" version.

thx in advance

The lined version does add some cushioning (although not much) which leads me to believe that the unlined version would feel like you were walking on the floor (or close to it).

Last edited:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Town View Leather Moccs - Part Deux

So we circle back. My initial thought of going with a Size 10 was factoring in no socks, the loose structure of a mocc itself and considering some stretching clearly established one thing:

I don’t know what the heck I’m talking about. :huh:

In the Size 10, the left toe kept pressing the front of the mocc so I had to sell them. The replacement 10.5 arrived today and I think I’m where I need to be.

01470189-A103-44EA-922D-CDA527909E36.jpeg

In the pic below, you can see that there is enough room to allow for my to index finger, demonstrating some room in the mocc.

In the Size 10, I was not able to do that.

D666F314-15BB-4D8C-9BE6-81C7478BA933.jpeg

With the Size 10.5, I think I’m good here. Now let the break-in period commence. 👍

image.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I hope these work out for you Bob! Town View is loving B&B :lol:

Mine are darn near perfect now. I say darn near just because I’ve never had a perfect pair of shoes and IDK what it’s supposed to feel like :laugh:. But both pair are just so darn comfy. Every morning and every evening I wear them. I change it up too. One pair one day, the other pair the next.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Not the heart of winter here yet but I’ll keep ya posted. Just FYI, this is off their website: Our double sole moccasins are really "triple" soles because we put an extra layer of leather between the moccasin and the stitched on double sole for added comfort.

So triple sole. And they say the soles are a tougher Bull Hide leather that is thicker too. AND, if you get the deer skin lined - well that’s just another layer of protection from those bitter cold floors!
How is that deer skin holding up? I'd imagine perfectly. I'm catching up on your thread, so I may get to the answer if you already have! Excellent choice, by the way. If I can find out the PayPal password before "you know who" finds out I'm looking for it, I may have to get some. Of course, I'm afraid my friend @Intrigued will rat me out, because of some kind of "woman's code"..... My lovely bride has no idea how easy it is to join my Safe Haven that is B&B, and I'd like to keep it that way! It would be just like her to try to join my version of "The 'Possum Lodge" and rob me of my joy! Where else can I go, pick on people probably twice my size, discuss manly topics like footwear and beard oils, and not be laughed at by the fairer sex?

Oh wait. Intrigued laffs at us all the time!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
How is that deer skin holding up? I'd imagine perfectly. I'm catching up on your thread, so I may get to the answer if you already have! Excellent choice, by the way. If I can find out the PayPal password before "you know who" finds out I'm looking for it, I may have to get some. Of course, I'm afraid my friend @Intrigued will rat me out, because of some kind of "woman's code"..... My lovely bride has no idea how easy it is to join my Safe Haven that is B&B, and I'd like to keep it that way! It would be just like her to try to join my version of "The 'Possum Lodge" and rob me of my joy! Where else can I go, pick on people probably twice my size, discuss manly topics like footwear and beard oils, and not be laughed at by the fairer sex?

Perfect so far. It’s extremely comfortable on the foot. Just feels great. Good luck with the paypal!

FarmerTan

Hmmm…. Lemme guess. An Italian sub? No.

A Wilson “Duke” football? No.
View attachment 1371876

A pair of Honey deer skin-lined moccs from Town View Leather? :yesnod:
View attachment 1371878

These are really beautifully-crafted moccs. :thumbup1:
View attachment 1371879
View attachment 1371880View attachment 1371881
View attachment 1371883

Gentlemen…. I have happy feet.View attachment 1371890
Remind me to show you a picture of my 30+ year old Johnston and Murphy Moc-look-alikes as I call 'em. I have 2 pairs! I'm pretty sure I showed a picture or two to Jason.
It'll show you how far J&M has "slipped" if nothing else! That was a poorly executed pun, but definitely intended...

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.

Laugh at! Ha! :glare:

Now that you stuck my nose in this thread, I'm seriously thinking I might need to buy a pair of these moccasins for myself. :blink:

You really are a bad influence. If you keep this up, I just might rat you out to your much better half. :lol:

.... Now if I order a pair... which color should I get.... the dark brown or the honey.... :a36:

FarmerTan

Laugh at! Ha! :glare:

Now that you stuck my nose in this thread, I'm seriously thinking I might need to buy a pair of these moccasins for myself. :blink:

You really are a bad influence. If you keep this up, I just might rat you out to your much better half. :lol:

.... Now if I order a pair... which color should I get.... the dark brown or the honey.... :a36:
LOL. Well, you do know the standard answer here.......
But if you ONLY go with one, get the darker pair. Then you can wear them for dressier occasions when you have done too many laps and your feet are hurting and you still have to go to the Ball in your honor recognizing you for winning the Nobel Prize!

Seriously. ALWAYS be prepared. I used to hate it when I'd have to find a phone booth to quickly change my clothes! True story doggone!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I did notice that in your pictures. I really like that two tone look!

And indeed it’s not a bad look. It’s just not the look that I wanted.

Apart from the fine craftsmanship of these moccs, the honey-colored leather was what really caught my eye and the darker brown leather was not really what I expected upon opening the box. But, I gave it some thought.

So I let them sit on the ottoman and I looked at them… turned them around… and looked some more.

And that’s when it dawned on me and I decided that the only way to give this issue the proper consideration that something of this magnitude required, then it was essential that I needed to….

DRINK BEER :yesnod:

And seeing how this was going to require A LOT of thought then it would most likely require A LOT of beer. 🍺🍺

F12D80D3-0101-41D9-ABCD-CED242A2989D.jpeg

B65AFECE-BFE5-4102-A50E-B893B2E4E1C8.jpeg

OK. Now that I’ve got that covered. Back to the task at hand.*

*(Mrs. Gold drove. I wouldn’t think of driving while pondering footwear. As for Mrs. Gold, she’s still adorable. 😉🙄😀).

Now here is the first pair that I ordered.
11F58879-75B7-45BE-8E73-62A0FA898919.jpeg

That beautiful honey color is the same throughout the mocc.

Here is the 2nd pair…
0ABAD9F4-79C7-4991-95EB-2385A2F2C5B0.jpeg

The dark brown leather along the upper now gives the appearance of a two-toned mocc. Like @Intrigued, some might prefer that look but I do not.

363C4418-7F5B-4E1B-B876-435A9033021A.jpeg
7EA7EF76-6A0E-444D-B198-3B9249DD48F2.jpeg

For me, the difference is not a subtle one.

But wait… now with my enhanced vision as a result of my recently acquired beer goggles I noticed this…

0A222415-909D-4FCD-8A91-9B7024896871.jpeg

IANNNNN!!!! @Doc4 (He loves when I go off the rails so he should be here for this. 🤪)

Now, as some of you know, that when it comes to stitching on footwear, well… I can be quite the sonofastitch.

This is the way it’s supposed to look…
96B9101E-B3AE-459B-95CF-44383ED5112C.jpeg

That right there is some beautiful craftsmanship.

This right here is not beautiful craftsmanship.
0A222415-909D-4FCD-8A91-9B7024896871.jpeg
I’m gonna need Hawkeye Pierce to stitch this shoe up and get it to Seoul… STAT!!! (Who is sticking their finger into the chest of Hawkeye? Anyone?)
1644753991307.gif

Also, you can really see the difference in the color of the leather in these last two pics above.

So…. What to do?

I sent a politely-worded email to Town View Leather indicating that I wanted to exchange this “two-toned” pair for another pair where the color was uniform throughout the mocc. And although the stitching did not compromise the structural integrity of the mocc, it did not have a nice finished look.

(Btw, that piece of leather stuck out like a hangnail and we all know what happens to hangnails.) 😳

Several hours later, I received this response from Gayanne Wintle (the proprietor of TVL, along with her husband, Galen Wintle):

BC780036-0367-46E0-AC9C-EBBAB0EB53AF.jpeg

And that, my fellow badgers, is why Town View Leather has been around for decades.

:badger: :badger: :badger:

I responded to Gayanne that I sincerely appreciated her accommodation and that I would be returning this pair next week in exchange for a pair using the hide with the original color.

Looking forward to the next pair.

When I get ‘em. You’ll see ‘em. :thumbup1:

Is the Super Bowl on yet? 🏈

Last edited:

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I still really like the two tone, Bob @johnniegold. :cuppa:

But I totally understand wanting what you want. The leather meetup at the stitch corral would bother me too. I have my own question and request I want to talk to Gayanne about before I order mine. We'll see where that leads.... :whistling:

:a17:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I still really like the two tone, Bob @johnniegold. :cuppa:

But I totally understand wanting what you want. The leather meetup at the stitch corral would bother me too. I have my own question and request I want to talk to Gayanne about before I order mine. We'll see where that leads.... :whistling:

:a17:

Don’t mention my name if you don’t wanna see this happen to your pair of moccs… :wink: :biggrin:

1644760810196.gif

120% satisfaction guaranteed!

I have no doubt. :thumbup1:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
What’s interesting to me is you can see your pressure points where you walk. The wear zones I guess.
I kinda of want another pair to wear outdoors during the summer. Sure I can use a pair I already have….but these shoes are acclimated to indoors :laugh:

A166CFA2-6A79-414D-BC4C-F0DC8A4CFBE8.jpegF13CAB9C-EC6B-4989-B465-3FC1050998D8.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Nahh. But I do need some nice slip ons for Summer wear with shorts. My Top Siders got binned last year and I haven’t replaced them.

Top Bottom