What's new

Town View Leather Moccasins

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Started this thread to put the full spotlight on these amazing moccasins. These are the Deer Skin Lined, Honey color.
Finally got my right size fitting correctly. I would recommend ordering a half size smaller than your normal shoe size. If they are still loose, as they were with me, don’t forget your can tighten the laces.

Been wearing these for about an hour now and they are really comfortable so far. Without socks. Feet don’t feel sweaty. Super soft leather that doesn’t need any “break-in” time.

I will periodically update this thread with photos as I wear them.

*full disclosure the photos are of a different size shoe that has since been exchanged for a smaller size. But they look exactly the same.
BEECB90D-5CD2-47A3-BABE-10099C476629.jpeg
6CD23FD9-CE53-4D4B-9606-35F0495BC11F.jpeg
E9D0B273-E980-4CC5-8CB6-94B075396A2C.jpeg
0617A4F7-D822-4B04-AECF-E31F9420B898.jpeg
63DA7241-FD10-4078-80EE-57D5E1A131E0.jpeg
0353C2F1-35A5-4B4C-BC8A-AD2A9139C268.jpeg
1FCD14E5-FB33-49E1-BBF5-DE9F03416548.jpeg
EB059FFE-245B-4DB9-A0E0-A03941BA2547.jpeg
1E281456-682A-47F3-8233-F9F8F118944C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
If you plan on wearing them with socks you likely don’t need to touch the laces. But my plan is without socks so I had to tighten them up. Which did the trick to keep them from slipping off my heel when I walk.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
That's a pretty nice looking pair of mocs - my old Cabela's are nearing the end of a pretty good run (10-15 years but that's cool weather wear only). Jason how close would you say the fit would be with socks? Would you say the sizing process is easy? I hate mailing stuff back ..

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That's a pretty nice looking pair of mocs - my old Cabela's are nearing the end of a pretty good run (10-15 years but that's cool weather wear only). Jason how close would you say the fit would be with socks? Would you say the sizing process is easy? I hate mailing stuff back ..
I would order a half size down regardless of socks or no socks. But with socks the half size should be just right. Without socks I tightened up the laces and they are A-OK!

But, in the event it’s just not right then the return process is easy peasy. They are really nice people. I’ve exchanged a few emails with them.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I would order a half size down regardless of socks or no socks. But with socks the half size should be just right. Without socks I tightened up the laces and they are A-OK!

But, in the event it’s just not right then the return process is easy peasy. They are really nice people. I’ve exchanged a few emails with them.
Thanks - I'll tell them that I know ya!

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
We exchanged Christmas ideas several days ago, and this very pair of Town View Mocs were on my list. Your pics are even better than those of their site. You now have me drooling, thinking of ways to move these up on the list!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Been wearing them pretty much all day barefoot. My feet are not sweating, but they do have that "I been in a pair of shoes all day" feeling. Especially with the contact with leather all day. It's hard to explain. Not sticky so to speak or wet/moist in any regard, but like a...clammy feeling I guess.

Also I notice the laces are leaving an indent on my feet. Doesn't hurt, not a blister, and I don't even notice it until I take the shoes off and can see it. I might try to loosen the laces a tad. But IMO, not a big deal since it's not a source of pain or blister or anything but an indention that goes away after you take the shoes off.

So not really complaining about them because they are still comfortable after a day of wearing them. Just something to be aware of for you guys ordering them.

IMG_0472.jpeg IMG_0473.jpeg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Been wearing them pretty much all day barefoot. My feet are not sweating, but they do have that "I been in a pair of shoes all day" feeling. Especially with the contact with leather all day. It's hard to explain. Not sticky so to speak or wet/moist in any regard, but like a...clammy feeling I guess.

I've always bought "fluffy" lined slippers for that very reason. Even so, I wear socks more often than not. The only thing I wear without socks, is sandals. Even they give me that same feeling, and I'm glad to take them off after a few hours.

So yeah, great looking slippers, but I personally couldn't do the no socks thing with 'em.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Today with socks because I had to run to town and was just to lazy to take them off when I got home. Ya know what….they are damn comfortable with socks as well. Initially I was thinking “no socks!” But now….IDK!

3348668B-DCF3-41C2-87EB-0F6F4DA1AA22.jpeg

I like the idea of a somewhat loose fitting, so that there is a possibility of wearing them without socks for brief periods of time and with socks for longer periods of time.

Winter has not arrived yet, but I will be curious how warm they will feel on cool floors. Whether the leather footbed will insulate as well as rubber.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I like the idea of a somewhat loose fitting, so that there is a possibility of wearing them without socks for brief periods of time and with socks for longer periods of time.

Winter has not arrived yet, but I will be curious how warm they will feel on cool floors. Whether the leather footbed will insulate as well as rubber.
I previously owned some leather Mocs and they were actually better than any other type of slipper I've owned. The leather warmed up faster than soles of other materials and insulated just fine.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member

Not the heart of winter here yet but I’ll keep ya posted. Just FYI, this is off their website: Our double sole moccasins are really "triple" soles because we put an extra layer of leather between the moccasin and the stitched on double sole for added comfort.

So triple sole. And they say the soles are a tougher Bull Hide leather that is thicker too. AND, if you get the deer skin lined - well that’s just another layer of protection from those bitter cold floors!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Got mine today and I'm wearing them now. I'm an 11 and I ordered the 10 1/2 and it's a perfect fit.
I intended to wear these with no socks, and if I wanted to use thick socks, the 11 might have been a better choice. I could obviously loosen the laces as well.
I don't know yet if these will loosen up over time, but as is, I could wear normal socks with them if I wanted to - but I don't want to, so... I'm good to go.
Very comfortable, soft and supple but obviously substantial and well made.

I know the concept and history of moccasins but I would never have thought that you still get shoes that have an upper for a sole…

How on earth do the last when everything is tarmac and cobblestones?

I have some proper deerskin Lederhosen and know that they will last 2-3 lifetimes but shoes?

Top Bottom