What's new

Town View Leather Moccasins

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Now you guys have me considering that I could buy another pair, and take them to a cobbler and have some soles put on that are more appropriate for outdoor use maybe?

1644767208952.gif

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
And that’s when it dawned on me decided that the only way to give this issue the proper consideration that something of this magnitude required, then it was was essential that I needed to….

DRINK BEER :yesnod:

And seeing how this was going to require A LOT of thought then it would most likely require A LOT of beer.
I can be quite the sonofastitch
@luvmysuper ... custom title please!
So…. What to do?
1644775889128.png

I sent a politely-worded email to Town View Leather indicating that I wanted to exchange this “two-toned” pair for another pair where the color was uniform throughout the mocc. And although the stitching did not compromise the structural integrity of the mocc, it did not have a nice finished look.
1644776229080.png

"... but the fourth pair ..."
And that, my fellow badgers, is why Town View Leather has been around for decades.
All the shoe sellers have you on their "special list".

1644776497872.png

They keep a couple defective pairs to send first so you have something to complain about. Then, third, they send you an actual "good" pair from stock and ... having already been accommodated twice with earlier returns, you gratefully accept them ... aaaand praise the customer service.
Looking forward to the next pair.

When I get ‘em. You’ll see ‘em. :thumbup1:
... in excrutiating, nittiest of nit-picking detail.
Now you guys have me considering that I could buy another pair, and take them to a cobbler and have some soles put on that are more appropriate for outdoor use maybe?
1644775407364.png

I added a pair to the cart, proceeded to fill in and use drop downs to ship to Canada and then got a popup ...no international shipping.

I've sent an inquiry to see if they have any suppliers in Canada but I don't think they will.

Yeah ... I think there might be some slight holdups getting stuff across the border nowadays ...

1644775352840.png

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Excruciating? :lol:

You’re on a website where members bring in lighting technicians for their shave of the day pictures. :yesnod:

Of course I’m going to use the nittiest of nit-picking detail.

That’s why we’re all here in the first place! :biggrin:
He's got ya there Doc....

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
What features do they offer for customized moccs?

I ask them to make them without the laces and only the last hole on the collar on each side with no holes on the tongue and stitched with dark brown thread instead of white. Gayanne said they could make them but they will not be returnable as they wouldn't be able to resell them. I also ask if they could taper in the heel and was told that they couldn't do that because of the last that they use when doing the stitching.

I went ahead and ordered them knowing as I do that one of my dogs would not have let me have leather laces for even two days without modifying them down to stubs. :crying:

Pax says he needs to lay with one of the slippers anytime mom leave the house or even the room for too long and that he never hurts them except for those irresistiblely tasty laces.
IMG_0612 (1).jpeg

Mycroft says he would never be that naughty..... he'd leave the laces alone.... at least for a week.
IMG_0187.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Seems like people do wear them outdoors. I found this review, here’s an excerpt: “I've worn one pair or the other almost daily ever since, both at home as slippers and out & about as casual shoes, and I'm happy to report that both pairs are wearing like iron. In fact, except for some minor scuff marks on the soles, they practically look new”

I think I’m gonna order a 3rd pair to try out as my summer shoe.

Top Bottom