What's new

Town View Leather Moccasins

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
6915EA90-31F5-47FB-89D2-F5540BCA1E6E.jpeg

I just wanted to say farewell to my old friend, the LL Bean Handsewn Slippers, Flannel-Lined. To be clear, these are a very good moccasin. They have 3500 reviews on their website. Their cost increase over the years has been nominal, if any. Frankly, I think they cost the same ($49.95) as when I purchased them 15+ years ago. But for the interior flannel lining wearing out, the construction of the leather upper and rubber soul (Beatles reference 😉) show no sign of giving up any time soon. They are truly a fine mocc, indeed.

So are Town View Leather moccasin really worth 3x the cost of their LL Bean counter-part?

Let’s not waste anytime. The answer is yes and part of it is the backstory.

On one hand, you have the mass-produced LL Bean slipper. On the other hand, you have Galen and Gayanne Wintle producing this piece of Americana in the basement of their home in Maine for several decades now.

Are we now mocc-snobs? Heck no.

Are we now a bit more discerning about our house slippers/moccasins?

Perhaps.

Town View Leather moccs certainly provide the next step up in quality with this type of footwear.

Last edited:
View attachment 1371994

I just wanted to say farewell to my old friend, the LL Bean Handsewn Slippers, Flannel-Lined. To be clear, these are a very good moccasin. They have 3500 reviews on their website. Their cost increase over the years has been nominal, if any. Frankly, I think they cost the same ($49.95) as when I purchased them 15+ years ago. But for the interior flannel lining wearing out, the construction of the leather upper and rubber sole (Beatles reference 😉) show no sign of giving up any time soon. They are truly a fine mocc, indeed.

So are Town View Leather moccasin really worth 3x the cost of their LL Bean counter-part?

Let’s not waste anytime. The answer is yes and part of it is the backstory.

On one hand, you have the mass-produced LL Bean slipper. On the other hand, you have Galen and Gayeanne Wintle producing this piece of Americana in the basement of their home in Maine for several decades now.

Are we now mocc-snobs? Heck no.

Are we now a bit more discerning about our house slippers/moccasins?

Maybe.

Town View Leather moccs certainly provide the next step up in quality with this type of footwear.
I have a pair of those same LL Bean Mocs and, like yours, the flannel lining is the only thing that has not held up. In fact I started to wear thru the lining in mine in less than a year. Thinking of replacing them with the Town Views with the hopes that the deerskin will hold up much better. While Im sure the deerskin feels nice and soft, I kind of wish they offered a lining made of a more resilient leather.

I'm debating on ordering these mocs. One pair for me and a few others as gifts. How long does it take from the time you place an order till they arrive? I will never wear socks. I don't even own socks.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I'm debating on ordering these mocs. One pair for me and a few others as gifts. How long does it take from the time you place an order till they arrive? I will never wear socks. I don't even own socks.

Ordered mine on 11/27 and received them on 12/2. Easy-peasy.

Last edited:
I received my Town View slippers today. They are more than I expecting even after all the recommendations. They are very comfortable. I don't think they'll require much break in at all if any. I had a pair of unlined double sole mocs years ago that lasted a long long time before I had to discard them. I wore them everywhere. If these last like I think they will. They will be the last longer they I will.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
We keep the house around 68-70 throughout the Winter. It doesn’t get COLD here though. Mid 20’s is average I’d say, overnight. 40’s - 50’s during the day. We even have laminate flooring throughout and my feet have not gotten cold. Or even chilly or cool. With our without socks. Maybe in a colder climate socks would be a good addition.

Now I’m wondering if these Mocs would be a safety hazard on several flights of finished wood stairs. 🧐
Hasn't been a problem for me. For what it's worth, the stairway in my home is old oak and are in the ballpark of 100 years old. I'm not sure what kind of finish (polyurethane?) were used on them, but they are bare wood.

I'm sure I could check their site but does anyone have any experience ordering these delivered to Canada or know of a Canadian vendor?

They look awesome.

I had these on my Christmas list and got a pair from my girl. I got them in honey, with the deerskin lining. First thing I’ll say is that these have an absolutely wonderful smell. I got a size 11D, which is the same size I wear in AE 65 lasted shoes, and I usually wear a size 12 sneaker. They fit pretty good, maybe a hair tight in the forefoot and a touch loose in the heel, but I usually have a bit of heel slip in dress shoes so no real surprise there. I wore these all day yesterday and they’re super comfortable. These are absolutely worth the money!

Top Bottom