What's new

Tour de France

Wasn’t expecting to see so much of a few of the fans mid stage today! :-O My father in law saw the streaker running ahead of the leaders, but it wasn’t until we rewound the recording that we saw his two buddies drop trow as he took off!

Still watching the recording for the finish...

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Yes I saw that- the guy dropped his drawers at the top of the climb and ran alongside the leader for 8 or 10 seconds until he could no longer keep up. I didn't see his friends do anything, however, and I've already erased it. The funniest thing was just as they cut to the camera with the bollocky guy Phil Liggett said something like "Look at all the fans who've come out to the top of the hill here to cheer the racers on!" Then as soon as he saw the guy he apologized & said NBC has no control over the cameras.

Another great race. I honestly never heard of the guy who won today's stage, but congrats to him whoever he is! Somehow my man Bennett still clings to the green jersey, and I hope to ride Roglic all the way to Paris. But it's still way too early for definitive predictions...

Can't wait for the Alps the next few days. Always my fave stages. If you've never watched the TdF and this thread has made you curious, the next few days are a great introduction to the event.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
That was my favorite part also!
From a pure lover of athleticism that was one helluva effort from beginning to end from Kaemna.
I haven’t seen anything to lead me to believe any team has anything for the attack of Yellow

Owen Bawn

Great teamwork & self sacrifice on that last brutal climb by the American lad Kuss to keep Roglic in the yellow jersey today. There is a ton of young talent in the Tour this year. We'll be hearing a lot of these names for the next several years.

Owen Bawn

It goes to show the role of teamwork in the Tour. Ineos made some stupid decisions building their team this year. They really could have used Chris Froome and Geraint Thomas.*

*I may sound like I know what I'm talking about, but I'm really just parroting things Phil Liggett said that make sense to me. I don't know nuthin'.

I thought Sepp was going to take yesterday’s stage until he was called back. Earlier in the stage, it was good to see Landa’s team up front, trying to challenge yellow, but they didn’t have it.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Incredible how close the 1st 3 are after 18 stages.
But...
Those two men from Slovenia are still the class of the field.
How many actually have a shot at the win?

Owen Bawn

I'm really starting to think Roglic is going to win it! Rare for a TdF to be undecided this late in the race. It's very exciting.

Owen Bawn

My wife is a great kid, and I'm apparently quite a phony. At breakfast this morning I was going on about the finish of the TdF, and she shook her head. She said "Why do you pronounce 'France' in that pretentious way when you talk about this stupid race?"

I thought about it... in general, I always pronounce 'France' to rhyme with 'pants.'
But when I say 'Tour de France' France rhymes with 'haunts.'

As usual, she is correct. I threw my head back and laughed heartily at myself. She shook her head again and put on more water for another pot of tea.

Owen Bawn

At dinner tonight my wife reminded me of a friend of mine whose wife caught him cheating while on a business trip to Paris years ago. His paramour was someone we all knew. After this incident my wife always referred to her as "the Hoor de France."

My wife is really something. As smart as a whip with eyes like a hawk & a tongue like a viper. Stay on her good side.

Love the tour. Have watched for years having worked many evening shifts. I had the pleasure of watching Sagan help Cavendish into the wall live. Personally I thought he had a right to defend that, there wasn’t enough room. Throwing the elbow was a bad decision however. I wonder how that would have went if he had not defended his position? That was one heck of a tour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Owen Bawn

I thoroughly enjoyed that Tour. I'm one of those who thought Roglic had it won; fair play and congrats to Pogacar- he won yellow, polka dot, and white jerseys. Can't call that a fluke. Also proud of Sam Bennett winning the green. I missed seeing Steve Porino on the back of the scooter; he does World Cup skiing too. Hopefully by the time the World Cup races begin we'll be in a better place with this pandemic and Americans will be allowed in to Europe again.

Top Bottom