What's new

Tour de France

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
After today it looks like Pogachar has it locked up beyond question. What a smart strategy he used since getting the yellow jersey. Green and polka dot are still in play.

Three jerseys…three!

I’d also like to mention that Vingegaard is another young rider that is crushing it. Don’t lose sight of how great he is riding due to Tadej’s miraculous tour.

These gentlemen have the opportunity to shape the grand tours for years to come.

... and don't forget Primoz Rogelic... he'll be back next year.
Primoz is another. Your are absolutely correct, I should have included him. Unfortunately, his TDF was cut short due to the crash.
There are definitely some incredible young cyclists, that should make for some great races.

After today's stage and the way the Car tom blew it it'll be a tough call for mark Cavendish to win on the final stage. it would be dramatic if he does. We're headed out of town and I will not know the results until we return in another week. The excitement of the final race is going to kill me.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Well that's that. Pogacar tore it up again. And while I'm disappointed Cavendish didn't win today I admire Van Aert winning it for fellow Belgian Merckx as much as for himself. Now we wait to see what the Bahrain doping investigation turns up... Sonny Cobrelli did seem to just appear from out of nowhere...

Thought to dust off this old Tour de France thread, as the 2023 version of the biggest race of the year kicks off in less than 36 hours. Are there any cycling fans out there?

It's been a real game changer having flag to flag broadcast coverage. I not only love to watch for the sport, but also the scenery. What a lovely country and Le Tour does a great job each year providing interesting stages with beautiful backdrops.

If you want a great preview article that provides stage profiles and descriptions, look no further than inrng.com...link below.

inrng : tour - https://inrng.com/tour/

I'm so excited, Vingegaard vs a a freshly returned Pogacar should be a fantastic showdown.
The storylines are fascinating. Pogacar fresh off the broken wrist, well rested but undercooked. Vingegaard fresh of the Dauphine win, but has he peaked too soon. UAE looks to have a better support squad around him, but unproven on this stage. Jumbo Visma has a super strong squad, but Van Aert will leave when/if his wife gives birth, Kruijswijk out injured but Kuss to save the day? And what about all the good Aussies! And Cavendish!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Luckily Sagan got a suspended three-month jail sentence and will still start.
Cavendish needs the one win to hold the record. Wout going for green again?

Yeah, it's gonna be a good duel.

1688085386662.png

Cavendish needs the one win to hold the record. Wout going for green again?
Did you see Cav win the final stage of the Giro? When Geraint Thomas led him out...still gives me chills thinking about it. Wout should easily take green, as long as his wife doesn't give birth to their second child.

I need to read up on the Sagan deal...news to me...thanks!

Top Bottom