What's new

Total Newb....pondering the switch from electric to DE

I am no longer a DE razor virgin. 1st shave tonight...geofatboy vids did the coaching.

No cuts, 1 small weeper, and no razor burn. I took it easy small controlled strokes, took my time getting the right angle...

It has begun....

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I am no longer a DE razor virgin. 1st shave tonight...geofatboy vids did the coaching.

No cuts, 1 small weeper, and no razor burn. I took it easy small controlled strokes, took my time getting the right angle...

It has begun....
Excellent! Congrats. You will suddenly have less money though.

It has begun....
No razor burn? Wow. My first shave with a DE razor was painful. My face felt like I rubbed it with hot chilly sauce - it was on fire! The second wasn't much better either. It took me a few shaves to start "mastering" the technique. I'm on my 10th shave today and I'm getting close to burn-free shaves.

Nope...I let the weight of the mild Wilkinson Sword Classic with the same name blades do the work. I gave the razor respect mostly cuz I had never tried anything other than electric before and had a hieghtened skin sense if you will and was determined to feel my way thru it. I only did one WTG pass (with touch ups) and that was closer than electric so I quit while I was ahead. My technique and angles were all over the place...I trust I can get the hang of it over time.

I used an alum bar right after. Then facial balm cream.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Nope...I let the weight of the mild Wilkinson Sword Classic with the same name blades do the work. I gave the razor respect mostly cuz I had never tried anything other than electric before and had a hieghtened skin sense if you will and was determined to feel my way thru it. I only did one WTG pass (with touch ups) and that was closer than electric so I quit while I was ahead. My technique and angles were all over the place...I trust I can get the hang of it over time.

I used an alum bar right after. Then facial balm cream.
It'll only get better!

Top Bottom