proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

It's an original NOS Tosuke in a nice Box. Cant wait to use it. Just has to be honed before.

hey,

i dont know if its stainless steel. could be.

I thought it may be one because it doesn't have the seam that the carbon steel ones have. I could be wrong....maybe the seam just doesn't show up in the pics.

EDIT: A close examination of the next-to-last pic shows the seam, so I guess it may be regular steel.

Last edited:
Tosuke never made a stainless steel razor. As a matter of fact I've never seen any stainless kamisori.

Hmm, are you sure about that statement? I certainly remember Telly selling a couple of Stainless Tosuke Kamisori. He even had a translation of the kanji on the case/wrapping which indicated that the kamisori was A) made by Tosuke and B) Stainless. Those razors were stamped similarly to this one.

Tosuke never made a stainless steel razor. As a matter of fact I've never seen any stainless kamisori.

That is not true. Tosuke definitely made stainless steel razors.

The top line on the wrapping paper reads, Tosuke. The bottom line reads, Tosuke Inoue put all of his heart and soul into making this stainless Tosuke razor.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I would only say are you sure it's a Tosuke? Even though it may say it. If it is stainless it's the first I've ever heard of. All I can tell you is I use to sell them and my contact in Japan (at the time when he was still alive and producing) rounded up every razor of his in Tokyo and there was never a hint of stainless varieties so where have they been? I'm not saying not's impossible just that I'm highly skeptical. Also the way Kamisori's are made how do they do stainless?

I would only say are you sure it's a Tosuke? Even though it may say it. If it is stainless it's the first I've ever heard of. All I can tell you is I use to sell them and my contact in Japan (at the time when he was still alive and producing) rounded up every razor of his in Tokyo and there was never a hint of stainless varieties so where have they been? I'm not saying not's impossible just that I'm highly skeptical. Also the way Kamisori's are made how do they do stainless?

Maybe your contact in Japan just wasn't aware of them? Tokyo is a pretty big city. A couple examples have been listed here. Whether some conspiracy theory about forged stamps is true is something you can choose to believe or not, but I'm willing to believe the evidence already given.

As far as how they are made, it sounds like the process is different. It seems like only one steel is used instead of two that are fused together.

Top Bottom