What's new

Torrey Tuesday

Been a while gents. Thought I'd stop by for Torrey Tuesday.
PXL_20201222_153019261-01.jpeg

JR Torrey Gibraltar
Gentleman's Nod Jackie (sample)
Heritage Collection Klenzo
Pinaud Clubman

we are now one day past the anniversary beginnings of this thread!!!!

J.R. Torrey Co.
D.R. Harris Arlington
Graydog 24mm Boar
Miller Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
Thayers
Pinaud Clubman
20201229_055215.jpg

be well all.

camo

I bet you forum oldtimers have never seen this particular razor?
Torrey.jpg

Kidding of course. It's been seen here MANY times. I just used it tonite (wife coming from work late, and I need to have a smooth face because........well, "just because"! ) for the first time. In short,.....it works. It belonged to a long time forum member, and for some unknown reason, he decided to part with it (lucky me!). I don't think I need to describe it in detail, do I?

Late posting, but the shave was yesterday! Monogram basic scales.

Also, Can somebody explain to me why Viking soaps aren’t more popular? I’m a chemical engineer and I swear it just seems like this guy either gets higher purity ingredients, or somehow achieves a cleaner more complete reaction in his saponification compared to any other small boutique soap maker. I’ve been contrarian before, but this man can soap and I just don’t understand why it’s not referenced more as an ultra clean basic animal fat+aloe shave soap.

DCFFF10C-8825-4565-AADD-02A962A054D8.jpeg

J.R. Torrey Co.
WK Chypre Rose Concerto
Semogue 1305
Tony Miller Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
WK Chypre Rose Concerto AS splash

20210112_103512.jpg

2nd day of COVID quarantine. this razor is a puzzler and kinda ticks/honks me off. mass produced American blade. No exaggeration, I would put this specific razors blade and edge up against any of the fine razors in my stable.......and that's saying a lot.

be well all. hanging on........ and hanging in there with Faith.

camo

this razor is a puzzler and kinda ticks/honks me off. mass produced American blade. No exaggeration, I would put this specific razors blade and edge up against any of the fine razors in my stable.......and that's saying a lot.

I think there’s a whole pool of under-appreciated American razors from the time period for sure. The Torrey shoulderless hollows are a stand out grind, but I actually think a few NY makers stand out for the edge they take even beyond most Japanese razors.

Planning to post to this thread more often in the future. I’ve got one Torrey active, one awaiting scale attachment and a 3rd currently in the clutches of USPS - hope to see it before the end of the week! :biggrin1:

Where do you get those wonderful toys?

Why, thank you.

The razor came from that big auction site.
The brush was from the BST.
The aftershave was from Amazon.
The soap and EdC were presents from my better half.

If you are referring more to my eclectic set of razors, then I thank you again. They mostly came from the big auction site, acquired over time. A few came from the BST or FB groups.

Top Bottom