What's new

Torrey Tuesday

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It’s the model of the Torrey razor and from my understanding the full double concave is in reference to the particular grind of this razor. It’s just like saying extra hollow as you see some blades engraved. This razor was engraved with that saying FULL DOUBLE CONCAVE but as you can tell it’s no longer there

Thank you for wishing me happy shaves.
This razor sure does deliver

Thanks. So it's marketing.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
10-1-19.M&M.WideTorrey.Kit.640.JPG

Tuesdays Torrey was the Jade"Our 136" again just to confirm that I wasn't losing my mind about the test shave.. soap was TABAC and brush was the "Amboar" finished up with GJ alum then a few drops of post shave oils. Results BBS from a synth edge that's not harsh!
IMG_20191001_165630__01.jpg

Anybody else end up going for Torrey Monday night this week?
F06C7556-6D9B-4116-8A75-27B7FB5E1B4A.jpeg

Got my other Torrey freshly honed for tomorrow morning just in case the stubble rears it’s ugly head.

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1570627273929.png

Very interesting photograph. I'm not quite sure how you managed it. The razor stand looks like it has to be on a horizontal surface but the brush and Lucky Tiger are leaning (against nothing). Clever.

Yours is a brush I've occasionally thought about (as if I need a brush!), but I wonder about the ergonomics of the beautiful handle. How does it feel in your hand as you use it?

Happy shaves,

Jim

My contribution to Torrey Tuesday... Wonderful shave! It's also my first use of a Scuttle... I've been wet shaving for quite some time - wow, what have I been missing!?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
proxy.php

View attachment 1024387

Very interesting photograph. I'm not quite sure how you managed it. The razor stand looks like it has to be on a horizontal surface but the brush and Lucky Tiger are leaning (against nothing). Clever.

Yours is a brush I've occasionally thought about (as if I need a brush!), but I wonder about the ergonomics of the beautiful handle. How does it feel in your hand as you use it?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Jim I will let you into a secret as @Luecke2326 Matt has the same problem, he cannot work it out aswell and he calls it Voodooo. As I dont know what I'm doing to make it look like this.

As for the brush they are big at the base of the handle, and with me having big hands it fits like a glove your fingers rest on the ridge below the black. At the moment on Aliexpress they are very cheap for a 26mm 2 band badger, i love the brush I might buy a second one as a backup but then again as if i need another brush lol

Todays Shave

J.R.Torrey Co. Our 136
Tabac Original
Mervyn Cadman 24mm SHD Silvertip Gel Tips
Tabac Original Aftershave

26.jpg

It’s the spike tip Torrey this Tuesday. It provided a wonderful shave as usual and paired with the St James I’m very satisfied this morning
63EE9BFD-9A35-44A1-AC1A-F6FC6B37AB94.jpeg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Jim I will let you into a secret as @Luecke2326 Matt has the same problem, he cannot work it out aswell and he calls it Voodooo. As I dont know what I'm doing to make it look like this.

As for the brush they are big at the base of the handle, and with me having big hands it fits like a glove your fingers rest on the ridge below the black. At the moment on Aliexpress they are very cheap for a 26mm 2 band badger, i love the brush I might buy a second one as a backup but then again as if i need another brush lol

Thanks, Ian, for the brush information which helps me.

The photo is and will remain a mystery.

10-15-19.APS-Gel.Torrey.DB.Kit.640.JPG

My wide Torrey came though like the champ it is.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Thanks, Ian, for the brush information which helps me.

The photo is and will remain a mystery.

10-15-19.APS-Gel.Torrey.DB.Kit.640.JPG

My wide Torrey came though like the champ it is.

1571158012116.png

Once again...but you're keeping the secret aren't you? Maybe it is voodoo!

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom