What's new

Torrey Tuesday

F507F192-2B96-4DC9-A289-0EFE16842CC8.jpeg

Been a while since I’ve posted, the shave was Tuesday but just getting around to posting today. The edge needs a touch-up finally after about a year of Tuesday’s, so I’ll probably post a follow up this week too.

My first Torrey Tuesday since I've plunged in to SR shaving for the last few weeks and procured a number of ebay razors (uglies, not shave ready or polished and restored).

This thread has been one of the motivational ones to get a Torrey.

Cleaned up some stains with sandpaper, removed microchips on the old edge and honed it through to Naniwa 12k.

One of the sharpest edges I've been able to put on a razor in the last few weeks. Very excited with 2 passes and touchups

1656434075713.jpg

Last edited:
My first Torrey Tuesday since I've plunged in to SR shaving for the last few weeks and procured a number of ebay razors (uglies, not shave ready or polished and restored).

This thread has been one of the motivational ones to get a Torrey.

Cleaned up some stains with sandpaper, removed microchips on the old edge and honed it through to Naniwa 12k.

One of the sharpest edges I've been able to put on a razor in the last few weeks. Very excited with 2 passes and touchups

View attachment 1479716
I too purchased numerous Torrey razors just for this very thread. Only one worked out in the end. I have another that is super sharp but has significant hone wear. Im thinking of PIFing it, but haven't committed to it as I dont want a new SR shaver to have to deal with honing that thing. 2 more were just too far gone to straighten out (I probably could have straightened at least one of them now, I was new to SR honing at the time). Another one was fabulous but an angry housemate decided to destroy it (TMI really as it's deeply personal, but suffice it to say that most things I value are now locked away). My current Torrey is amazing. It also takes a fabulous edge. I'm glad yours also takes quite the edge.

Top Bottom