What's new

Torrey Tuesday

This is a truly great thread. I didn’t snap a pic but touched up the monogram for a third time on a third Coticule and finally I think the edge is up to full potential.

Has anyone looked at shoulderless Torrey bevels under high magnification? These take a pretty mean edge and the grind on mine is definitely a singing extra hollow by any standard.

Excellent thread assessment, my friend. Thank you for participating today.

So, while tomorrow is TT, I will be on my third day with a M. Jung. If you participate, let us know how it went. Cheers brothers.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Shave report for today.

7-16-19.Kit.Torrey136..White.640JPG.JPG

I'm trying to max out this edge. How sharp can I get it?

Last Nights Shave as I forgot to upload

J.R Torrey 210, USA 5/8th
Valobra Soap
Rubberset 400/4 Vie-Long 24mm Brown Horse Hair knot
Mandate Aftershave

20190717_045132.jpg

20190717_045132-jpg.999613

Blade snap holders.

View attachment 999685

This is my 136 Torrey.

I wonder if anyone knows of razors other than Torrey razors with the blade snap holders?

Happy shaves,

Jim

I have only seen them on Torrey's, but while I had that stripped down I made a pattern of the scales. So if it gets damaged I can make new ones with the snap holders,
But one of my new ones arrived today. But I dont have a model number or anything apart from its a Torrey, but like the Our 136 it is wider with a notch...

20190717_180051.jpg 20190717_180111.jpg 20190717_180157.jpg

I have only seen them on Torrey's, but while I had that stripped down I made a pattern of the scales. So if it gets damaged I can make new ones with the snap holders,
But one of my new ones arrived today. But I dont have a model number or anything apart from its a Torrey, but like the Our 136 it is wider with a notch...

View attachment 999719 View attachment 999720 View attachment 999721

I’ve got that one I posted about a while back, came in a whole barbers kit with everything labeled “the Torrey monogram razor”. It’s a fantastically hollow grind, very dainty feeling and shaves great!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I’ve got that one I posted about a while back, came in a whole barbers kit with everything labeled “the Torrey monogram razor”. It’s a fantastically hollow grind, very dainty feeling and shaves great!

Just from the pictures the blade's the same as the 136. In other words, fantastic.

Top Bottom