What's new

Torrey Tuesday

Well here is the Our 136 all ready for the Torrey Tuesday, I have just honed it on my Jnat and gave it a test now this is sharp. I shaved this morning and I have stubble so tried it with my face dry with one pass just on my cheek, it removed it all no tugging nothing apart from a very smooth patch where I tried it......

20190706_223042.jpg

Well here is the Our 136 all ready for the Torrey Tuesday, I have just honed it on my Jnat and gave it a test now this is sharp. I shaved this morning and I have stubble so tried it with my face dry with one pass just on my cheek, it removed it all no tugging nothing apart from a very smooth patch where I tried it......

View attachment 996875
Didn't Mr. Torrey make a beautiful razor? Such sleek, flowing lines. So happy you want to participate. Congratulations on the hone and result. :a50:

Didn't Mr. Torrey make a beautiful razor? Such sleek, flowing lines. So happy you want to participate. Congratulations on the hone and result. :a50:

Hahaha no just stupid it could have gone the other way and removed a big chunk of skin, Oh man what was I thinking I have hair on my arm I could have used.
But it is very nimble razor for sure, I'm surprised it has no jimps on the bottom but it does on the top. It does look nice I will agree on the sleek flowing lines and its very eye catching for sure, I think everyone should have one of these in their collection for rotation.

As for taking part its a pleasure to be able to...… I was sad when I dropped my other one and lost a big chunk out of it....

Hahaha no just stupid it could have gone the other way and removed a big chunk of skin, Oh man what was I thinking I have hair on my arm I could have used.
But it is very nimble razor for sure, I'm surprised it has no jimps on the bottom but it does on the top. It does look nice I will agree on the sleek flowing lines and its very eye catching for sure, I think everyone should have one of these in their collection for rotation.

As for taking part its a pleasure to be able to...… I was sad when I dropped my other one and lost a big chunk out of it....

Ian, I bet the bottom is so thin as not to be able to have jimps. I just checked mine to see. I think we have the same model 136. This is the one advertised in 1909 ads.

You are right they are very thin and that might help it being thin, I will know better once I have used it on Tuesday but we use straights that dont have them and having more metal.

Torrey Tuesday approaches. Are you in? I've got the #136 honed back to a .03 micron edge and finished on 200K diamond.

Hope all is well and that you plan to join in tomorrow.

Cheers,
chuck :)

I am going with the old junker in bone. The pitting that stayed makes it look beat. The shave it leaves makes it a beast. The 136 is super cool but some of the really old heavy torreys rock. Enjoy

It’s Tuesday so I have the Torrey razor in hand for this mornings shave. This razor is new to me picked it up last week. I had a session with the coticule last night and it’s buttery smooth this morning
40598DC8-EC96-475C-9159-341572F42722.jpeg

Great Day Smooth Shaves

Todays Shave in support of Torrey Tuesday

J.R. Torrey Co. Our 136
Denim Shaving Cream
PLISSON Shaving Brush 22mm silvertip
Denim Original Aftersahave

20190709_185049.jpg

Always impressive and in good taste, sir!! :a14:

Thank you Sir!!!

I have bought 2 more Torreys, one of them is the same as my old one that I damaged the blade on.....
But they wont be here for about 2 week's, as I think the UK shipping has cut back to rowing boats.:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

This is a truly great thread. I didn’t snap a pic but touched up the monogram for a third time on a third Coticule and finally I think the edge is up to full potential.

Has anyone looked at shoulderless Torrey bevels under high magnification? These take a pretty mean edge and the grind on mine is definitely a singing extra hollow by any standard.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
This is a truly great thread. I didn’t snap a pic but touched up the monogram for a third time on a third Coticule and finally I think the edge is up to full potential.

Has anyone looked at shoulderless Torrey bevels under high magnification? These take a pretty mean edge and the grind on mine is definitely a singing extra hollow by any standard.

Yes. I have and they do.

Top Bottom