What's new

Toronto, ON, Canada

Let me add a few ... ( I live in Niagara region, but frequently drive through the GTA) ...

There is a good sized ebay seller based in Brampton (just north of TO). He sells Merkur and Taylor's products at full cost plus and clearly makes his money on shipping and handling. When questioned on combining S&H costs, I was told that if I didn't like it, don't buy. I'm taking his advice.

[Anyone know the lowest online price for Taylor's products, including S&H?]

QUOTE]

This is just false, pure and simple. I offer combined shipping and that can be seen on any of my items that I have for sale.
Regarding my prices, please take in consideration the higher Canadian taxes, duties and freight cost, is that simple. Please check the differences in price between Menessentials USA and Canada.
I know that web-forums are a free territory; however I expect a little decency.
Regards,
Alfred

I just thought I'd comment here. I just purchased a Merkur 38C and a tub of Taylor's Sandalwood. I was able to make an appointment and see the products before I purchased them. I would definately do business again with Alfred. He was very pleasant and very helpful. Personally I'd recommend him to anyone.

On a side note, I was going to wait until today to use my new 38, but I couldn't. After my shower yesterday I set myself up, and although it took a long time, I was able to shave with out a cut. I was amazed at the quality of the shave, this being my first DE shave. Both my wife and I love the smell of the Taylor's Sandalwood as well.

Just found out this evening that the Fortino's in Woodbridge carries a number of products mentioned on this site all the time. They have Kiss My Face, J/A/S/O/N and Thayer's products all in the natural food section. The cosmetics are at the front near the checkouts. Just go straight back from there. I was really shocked to see these products in the store. I was just wandering around waiting for a prescription to be filled at the pharmacy.

I'm currently in Hamilton for Christmas.

As I was visiting the Denningers on Upper James I found Florena Shaving Cream and Speick aftershave, bodywash, and Tabac aftershave, cologne. Unfortunately no Speick shaving cream or Tabac soap which left me very disappointed.

John

I'm currently in Hamilton for Christmas.

As I was visiting the Denningers on Upper James I found Florena Shaving Cream and Speick aftershave, bodywash, and Tabac aftershave, cologne. Unfortunately no Speick shaving cream or Tabac soap which left me very disappointed.

John

John,

From what I can tell, the consensus seems to be that Tabac soap is best purchased online. qedusa.com is frequently mentioned, along with one or two others. If you search this site, you'll find the references.

Paul

P.S. I live 20 minutes from that store. Did you buy all the Speick AS?:wink:

Wanted to post this here also,

Just got back from a nice visit with Nahla at Noor. I had to pick up a Blenheim Bouquet puck and wanted to sample some of the L'Artisan Parfumer line. She is very educated when it comes to the products they have so I highly recommend going down and talking to her. They have the whole line of Penhaligon's/ L'Artisan Parfumer/ and Santa Maria Novella. There is more there but thats all I had my eyes on today.

Anyways, she walked me through the L'Artisan Parfumer line that I been wanting to try for a long time. I stayed away from the floral scents and some of the more complex scents this time. My favorites so far, L'Eau de L'Artisan, Tea for Two, and Thé Pour un Été. Got samples of those and now the testing begins.
I was very impressed with the Santa Maria Novella line also. I really like their signature scent "Santa Maria Novella".

So I didn't come away with a bottle today (next visit) but did pick up a L'Artisan candle for the wife along with my BB puck. I was really impressed with how helpfull and knowledable Nahla was and I stress anyone who is in the Toronto area to stop by sometime for a pleasurable experience.

They will be going live online around spring as cr8n mentioned a few post ago. Great for us Canadians....can't wait.

PS,
The BB soap was tallow based!..................:)

This is just false, pure and simple. I offer combined shipping and that can be seen on any of my items that I have for sale.
Regarding my prices, please take in consideration the higher Canadian taxes, duties and freight cost, is that simple. Please check the differences in price between Menessentials USA and Canada.
I know that web-forums are a free territory; however I expect a little decency.
Regards,
Alfred

Another shout out to Alfred for some great service. I recently made a purchase with him and was very pleased with the transaction. I think his prices are very competitve and carries TOBS/ Merkur/ D.R. Harris and more.
He also gives a B&B discount so you have to love that!

I agree with Handy: Alfred (The Classic Shaving Store) is easy to deal with, has great products, reasonable prices and his S&H costs are on the level.

Italian Deli called Festival at the corner of College and Grace streets.
Excellent prices on Proraso and Omega creams soaps and brushes. Also good Italian speciality foods

Best Regards

Graham

Has anyone come across a store that sells Roger & Gallet bath soaps? Their soaps are amazing and would like to try the sandalwood next.

I saw some Roger & Gallet at Simpsons at Sherway Gardens. They were in beside the make-up department near the candles. I also saw some of these soaps at a perfumery at the Queen's Quay terminal but they were on the clearance table.

Sorry about possibly hijacking here ... Where on Queen's Quay were you exactly? What other products do they carry? (I was in the area earlier this week and couldn't find anything.)

Also try the Greek pharmacy, whose name escapes, at the corner of Danforth
and Chester (north side) by the subway.
(And any other small store on the Danforth where the old-timers, read 'traditionalists' , make their purchases.)

If you are a Sunday shopper (like me) note that neither of these fine establishments is open on that day. I was peeking in through the glass door at the Tobacco Haven place and drooling, though, there was one side of a glass floor case of shaving goodies there. Maybe two sides worth, I saw some soap bowls around the corner from the brushes and other goodies. :w00t:

There are 2 stores in the Queen's Quay Terminal. One is a perfumery (no shaving Goodies) that carries bath soaps and plenty of men's cologne. The store actually has a man working in it. The other store at the back near the fountain sells many shaving supplies like DR Harris and Valobra and Proraso products. Also carries pens and cigars.

Also try the Greek pharmacy, whose name escapes, at the corner of Danforth
and Chester (north side) by the subway.
(And any other small store on the Danforth where the old-timers, read 'traditionalists' , make their purchases.)

Any idea what they carry in the Greek Pharmacy?

Shaving creams (tubes), Williams soap, Wilkinson jar,Old Spice cream & foam, DE blades,boar bristle brushes, Proraso, basic stuff...I'll post official name and tel # later this week, after I visit.

Top Bottom