What's new

Tornado Warning!

Wow! Glad you're OK!
Yeah. I heard (and felt) it hit and I thought it was just a loud thunderclap. Storm ended, then I looked outside. Dang tree took a bite of my roof!
I can't do anything about it until tomorrow; until then I'll have a big, wet tree in the house (with rain for the next few days).
Stupid storms. I'll show 'em not to mess with me!

You know those 'rainy day funds' you're not supposed to touch except in an emergency? There's mine.

Sad to hear my friend. Sounds like you were rewarded for the wisdom you showed by having brought your furry friends down to the basement.

Please keep us informed on your status.
I'll live. Nobody was hurt. The tree will get sawed up and thrown into the woods, and the roof will be fixed. That tree has been eyeballing me for a while.

Glad you’re ok! But why on earth did your neighbor think to run outside with a rifle I’m wondering. That makes me laugh! That‘s literally the stuff memes are made of.

1584672664374.png

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'll live. Nobody was hurt. The tree will get sawed up and thrown into the woods, and the roof will be fixed. That tree has been eyeballing me for a while.

It's good you took shelter...things can be fixed. Where you at? We have a watch here but not much going on right now. Last spring I was in N.E. Oklahoma getting a house ready to sell and got about 20 or more warnings on my phone for about a week to TAKE SHELTER NOW! Didn't have a shelter except for the house. Multiple twisters hit anywhere from 10 to 30 miles away all around, but nothing hit the house. Flood closed a road about a 1/4 mile away with about 15 feet of water over it though.

Looks like you have a miserable few days ahead. Carry on.

Glad you’re ok! But why on earth did your neighbor think to run outside with a rifle I’m wondering. That makes me laugh! That‘s literally the stuff memes are made of.
He yelled "It's that virus!"
Then he marched (well, walked very fast) to the end of his front yard with the Mini 14, stood there for a minute, then started looking around at everybody. That's when I went inside.
Why? Because he's a super paranoid 60-something year old. He yelled at the neighbor kids for 'violating' his truck, and he's never owned a truck. He scoops up his dog poop and puts it on his fire pit - on top of the wood - and cooks hot dogs on it. No kidding.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
He yelled "It's that virus!"
Then he marched (well, walked very fast) to the end of his front yard with the Mini 14, stood there for a minute, then started looking around at everybody. That's when I went inside.
Why? Because he's a super paranoid 60-something year old. He yelled at the neighbor kids for 'violating' his truck, and he's never owned a truck. He scoops up his dog poop and puts it on his fire pit - on top of the wood - and cooks hot dogs on it. No kidding.
You did the right thing.

He sounds a lot like a psych patient in between hospital stays.

If he started firing (gun shots sound different than thunder) I'd be out there in a heartbeat. There's lots of neighbors out to watch the storm.
911 call, 12 gauge, BPV with plates, and three dogs. Dolph is a 90-pound Dobermann as is Hans. Josef is a 115-pound rottweiler. All are fantastically trained.
You can tell I'm half German by those names LOL.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well that sucks. I would almost kill for a basement (unheard of in this area due to shifting soil). It is the safest place to be in these events.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Welp, the storm is gone but I need a new roof. The wind blew over a tree from the neighbor's yard and made a nice 15' by 12' hole. The tree wasn't that big, but it sure made a big hole.
Let's call the insurance company tomorrow!
Zig:
Glad you & yours are OK my friend...sigh...was it a EF1 or more?
proxy.php

proxy.php
"We understand tornadoes scientifically, but it still feels supernatural. The randomness makes it feel supernatural". Michael Koryta

So, there's a tornado warning in my area. Sirens are going off. The neighborhood kids are crying.
My next-door neighbor thought it's for the tequila virus and marched out front with his Mini 14.
Me? I'm sitting in the basement with the dogs. Flashlights a plenty, posting on a shaving forum.

Pirates are good at weathering storms, so you should be just fine. I am glad you are OK. :thumbup:

However, it sounds like your ship .....roof might need to return to port for repairs. :sad:
I hope the insurance adjuster does not give you a hassle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom