Top ten shaving creams

Top Shelf:
T&H 1805
Penhaligon's Castile
C-F Lime
T&H Ultimate Comfort

followed by
Nancy Boyand others

I don't think this was the only post that mentioned Nancy Boy, but it was the first one I found going back from your post. About 3 or 4 posts back is all it took.

ohhh... so My Time Bath and Body (shaving cream soap?) counts as a cream.

OK -

MTBB Tobacco Flower
TOBS Avocado
Pen's BB
Coate's Rose
GFT Coconut Oil
Proraso/Bigelow
Spieck
Santa Maria Novella
MTBB Menthol 10/10 - works well mixed with others, too - if you like menthol :001_cool:
SCS Savory Rose

I also have Pen's Opus 1870 and Endymion to try... so my list is subject to reconsideration and change (of course).

My favorites, in no particular order:

SMN
Tabula Rasa
Trumper's (I have Coconut and GFT)
TOBS (any of them, though I have yet to try the Rose)
T&H (I have Trafalgar and 1805)
Musgo
Proraso
Erasmic (I think this one is history)
LaToja
Ingram

I seem to be favoring soaps at the moment, but the creams are never far off.

I can't believe no one else mentioned TOBS Sandalwood (my second favorite, after Pen's Endymion). GFT Sandalwood, CF Lime and TBS Maca Root are the only other creams I use (I mostly use soaps).

I may have to break down and get a tub of the avocado; but it sounds so "California"! :wink:

Not in any particular order: :w00t:

C&E Sweet Almond Oil (No longer in production.... damm!)
Proraso
T&H Ultimate Comfort
AOS Lemon Oil
The Body Shop (Original)
The Body Shop Maca Root
Kiss My Face Lime
Trumper's Coconut Oil
Trumper's Almond
C&E Sandlewood

I know this is a VERY OLD thread by net standards, but I have been "following" Marco's adventures and wonder; how if at all, has this changed in the last two years for you Marco and anyone else who posted on this thread? I would be very interested to know.

Not ten, but here are my favorites. These are all so close, it was difficult to rank them. AoS would be a 10 out of 10 and TOBS would be an 8.5 out of 10.

AoS (any scent)
Truefitt & Hill (any scent but almond)
Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn
Speick
Proraso
QCS (any scent)
TOBS Mr. Taylor

1. TOBS Jermyn Street
2. T&H Trafalgar
3. Trumpers Coconut
4. TOBS Eton College
5. TOBS Mr Taylor
6. T&H Grafton
7. DR Harris Arlington
8. Cyril Salter Sublime Citrus
9. T&H 1805
10. C&E Sienna

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I know this is a VERY OLD thread by net standards, but I have been "following" Marco's adventures and wonder; how if at all, has this changed in the last two years for you Marco and anyone else who posted on this thread? I would be very interested to know.

David, when I registered on B&B, my knowledge was essentially limited to my always beloved Italian stuff. My first "international approach" began with soft shaving creams and I did point my attention to those from the UK. I certainly did like them and did enjoy using them a lot. But then I started to widen my den and did discover many new products, especially soaps. Martin de Candre, MWF, La Toja... And finally I had the pleasure and honour to meet, here on B&B, an excellent friend called Giuseppe Abbatangelo, who did share with me his passion for wet shaving in general and the "made in Italy" stuff in particular. A few months later he opened Italian Barber and asked me to test his new products before introducing them on the market. Today I immensely love Joe's RazoRock items, more than anything else. And, occasionally, I still test some of his prototype soaps. What else can I add? Grazie Giuseppe e viva l'Italia!

David, when I registered on B&B, my knowledge was essentially limited to my always beloved Italian stuff. My first "international approach" began with soft shaving creams and I did point my attention to those from the UK. I certainly did like them and did enjoy using them a lot. But then I started to widen my den and did discover many new products, especially soaps. Martin de Candre, MWF, La Toja... And finally I had the pleasure and honour to meet, here on B&B, an excellent friend called Giuseppe Abbatangelo, who did share with me his passion for wet shaving in general and the "made in Italy" stuff in particular. A few months later he opened Italian Barber and asked me to test his new products before introducing them on the market. Today I immensely love Joe's RazoRock items, more than anything else. And, occasionally, I still test some of his prototype soaps. What else can I add? Grazie Giuseppe e viva l'Italia!
Marrco - I must say that I too have become something of an "Italia" snob lol. You had something to do with that - to think that I have learnt to like the scent of almond because the product was so good!!! I am only now learning to love RazoRock products (its odd, I once lived in walking distance of the Italian Barber - small world), and have made 1869 a staple in my den. One day I'll try them all, but I have many to finish first.

What will you use the day your next child arrives lol (I hope it's not the Williams coming your way lol)? Thank you Marco for all your wonderful reviews.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marrco - I must say that I too have become something of an "Italia" snob lol. You had something to do with that - to think that I have learnt to like the scent of almond because the product was so good!!! I am only now learning to love RazoRock products (its odd, I once lived in walking distance of the Italian Barber - small world), and have made 1869 a staple in my den. One day I'll try them all, but I have many to finish first.

What will you use the day your next child arrives lol (I hope it's not the Williams coming your way lol)? Thank you Marco for all your wonderful reviews.

Cella, no doubt. From my grandfather to my father, from my father to me, from me to my son... Thanks so much for the nice words, David.

Marco, your wisdom is valued.

I am well entrenched with Trumpers (Sandalwood, Coconut, Violet, Rose) and really love them! And once again, Marco's lathering techniques makes the "brush explode" with product.
Tobs - only have Jermyn St., but I like my Trumpers creams better.
T & H - I have 1805 coming this week.

Wow excellent list Marco! I love most all of those you listed, some I have not tried however but tend to get around to that. Wait, I did try some samplers of T&H I loved all of them except the Rose I'm not a flower type much. I did LOVE the 1805 VERY MUCH! I have a big tub of T&H West Indies Limes and it is a lovely scent and shaves great, a true pleasure to use. My list is as follows.

TOBS Sandalwood, Almond

T&H West Indies Limes, 1805,

Proraso

Queen Charlotte Celestial Woods

I can't wait till one day I can get a actual tub of T&H 1805, am in withdraws since that darn sample rofl!

Speick

Old Spice (Turkish in a tube)

And assorted others I cannot think of atm :)

Last edited:
In no particular order, but 2 groupings:

Top three:

Castle Forbes Lavender
TOBS Avocado
Fitjar Sandalwood

Runners-up:

LEA Sensitive
Speick
La Toja Sensitive
Pacific Shaving Co.
Nivea (Euro lather tube cream)