What's new

Top-siders question

I didn't get but one response in the other thread so I will try making my own.

Top-siders; tan, brown buck, sahara, amaretto. Which are the most versatile?

You guys have pushed me to aquire more stuff........again.

Personally, I like the lighter color (pic below) with jeans and shorts. The lighter color doesn't look good, imo, with khakis so I wear an older pair of browns with them if I want to wear top-siders. $photo (7).jpg

Depends on the pants. I tend to think that mediun to dark brown is the more versatile as you can wear them with basically any color but black. If you have a shoe in the khaki range and are wearing khaki pants you can clash and tans can look too yellow against some colors. Of course of you are getting them to wear with shorts then lighter colors like the ones shown above are great.

Last edited:
They will be worn mainly with shorts, khaki included. I can see in the fall wearing them with pants as well both jeans and khaki's. So I'm thinking maybe a bit darker shade then.

To me the tradtional color is the dark or I suppose medium brown with white or I suppose off-white soles. In a way that makes them most versitile, because, as far as I know, that used to be the only color, and folks are used to seeing it will all sorts of clothing, if nothing else.

To me, also. the navy topsider with white soles is now close to as traditional as the brown ones, so, again to me, nearly as versitile for the above reasons.

I only wear those colors and never with socks. I may be too stuck in my ways for others' purposes.

I've got a pair of Navy Top-Siders that seem to go with basically everything. Get some, a little snug when new as they stretch, and you won't regret it

I have a pair of the Sahara Leather. They are super versatile, I wear them with: jeans, chino is a tanish colour, bright blue chinos, grey shorts, and khaki sorts. To my eye they work with all. I wear them with no socks and cuffed pants because it's summer. They are the most comfortable shoes I have.

I love my Sperrys , but have to keep ordering new laces. If I forget to close my closet door, my dog get's into them, he thinks the laces are chew toys! Threading laces thru topsiders is not fun.

Probably didn't get a response because the answer is "it depends"

I've owned everything from white/light cream, to dark brown over the last 35 years.

If you have a friend with a boat, just make sure you buy the white soled style and he won't give you any grief.

Personally, I like the lighter color (pic below) with jeans and shorts. The lighter color doesn't look good, imo, with khakis so I wear an older pair of browns with them if I want to wear top-siders.View attachment 350189

+1 to this. I bought a pair last year and have worn them non-stop. My office is pretty casual, so they see heavy usage. I would like some darker ones for khaki's that are of the same color.

Top Bottom