What's new

Top Secret Scale Source

all gang......could we name any good sources for scales? or places you have ordered good things from?

now is the time to fess up......I know you guys have a good knowledge base for this one.

thanks

camo

I think most folks make them.

What kind of material are you wanting to make scales from? Or are you asking about preformed generic scales?

I think most folks make them.

What kind of material are you wanting to make scales from? Or are you asking about preformed generic scales?

any kind of scales pre made.

at least one popular shave store sells them but do not see a lot of different places for this.

camo

Well, I guess that was what I meant as an answer. You may not find many premade (other than where you are looking now) because most folks just cut and make them. Plexi, horn, wood, etc. Cut to fit each razor. Pretty simple for the most part. Premade scales have issues not fitting all razors properly or well.

Hopefully someone else can give you some links to what you are asking for! And hopefully they work well for you

Legion

Staff member
I used to go to a place that made signs and shop fittings with a six pack of beer, in case they had any offcuts of acrylic they wanted to trade. They always did.

I've bought a few pair of premade scales without predrilled holes from a certain eBay seller. In every case they were plenty long and wide and I did some significant reshaping with a mounted Dremel tool to match them to the razor I was rescaling. They were also too thick for my liking so I sanded the inside surfaces to remove about 1 mm from each.

So, now I have incoming horn and bone blanks to do the whole thing myself. (it can't be that much extra work, right?)

But, if you want the eBay seller's name, shoot me a PM so I don't violate any terms of use.

in the fall during whitetail season......I wont be able to look at all the bones the same now!!!!

scapulas look like a prime candidate

camo

Top Bottom