What's new

Top rated DE razor

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
PAA Ascension Twist. Have both the copper and steel version but my favorite is the copper. Only razor I've used since July. I don't have pics but here is their link.

interesting. what makes you like the copper better?

My four go-to razors are Timeless SS, Karve SS, RR GC84, and H&S N075.

Hard to pick a favorite out of those four. Obviously, I like all-SS with rigid blade head designs.

I use a Wolfman WR2 SB as my daily razor.
After trying just about everything out there I have yet to find anything better.

My favorites are: Timeless Ti .68SB, Timeless Aluminum and Timeless Bronze .38SB. I have some vintage Gillette’s and Schick Injectors which are fun to pull out occasionally but normally the Ti .68 is my daily driver.

My top rated ones are as follows:
  • Vintage: UK Aristocrat
  • Adjustable: Progress or Mergress
  • Slant: ATT S-1
  • Other Modern: Karve SS with D plate and Timeless .68SB

My daily driver is a LA Shaving Soap BBS-1. It's perfect for me, and I've yet to find anything I like better in terms of efficiency of shave.

My daily driver is a LA Shaving Soap BBS-1. It's perfect for me, and I've yet to find anything I like better in terms of efficiency of shave.
I'll second that. I've tried way too many razors (esp. vintage) and the BBS-1 is the best. Bought it direct and don't think I'd pay the prices on the bay. The OneBlade is close but the blades just don't last.

Gillette Old Type
Gillette New Type
Gillette Tuckaway
British Gillette Aristocrat Jr.
1940's Gillette Superspeed

I'll second that. I've tried way too many razors (esp. vintage) and the BBS-1 is the best. Bought it direct and don't think I'd pay the prices on the bay. The OneBlade is close but the blades just don't last.

If I'm down to eating cat food, I might consider selling my BBS-1. Short of that, it's something my son will one day inherit.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I only have two DE's on my shelf now. All the rest are put away.

Fatip Grande, which needs no introduction by me :).

IMG_2056.jpg

For days I dont mind doing 3 full passes and a clean up. Imagine how an OC post war Tech would shave and thats this razor.

Made in England Old Type Clone. The best $5 I ever spent!

IMG_2648.jpg

Right now my tops are my Gillette Fat Handle Triangle Slot Tech:
Karatsu_TFAshaverRazors-1.JPG

Gillette New Short Comb:
Karatsu_TFAshaverRazors-2.JPG

Gillette Slim Adjustable:
Karatsu_TFAshaverRazors-3.JPG

Merkur 34C:
Karatsu_TFAshaverRazors-5.JPG

Global Shave Club Sumatra:
Karatsu_TFAshaverRazors-4.JPG

And the Maggard Razors Slant Head with MR11 Handle:
Karatsu_TFAshaverRazors-6.JPG

Here they are together:
Karatsu_TFAshaverRazors-8.JPG

But there is one waiting for it's first shave:
Karatsu_TFAshaverRazors-7.JPG

The Fat Boy may dethrone them all. That or one of the three razors that are now on their way to me...

Top Bottom