What's new

Top rated DE razor

Name your top rated DE razors...

My RAD radar is bleeping.

Pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My favorite DE razors are two simple ones; a Fatboy and an old type open comb. Both are great shavers. However, tomorrow will likely be a SR, to commorate Veterans Day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What razors do you currently own? What type of razors do you like?

Ive been through a lot of them and sold them on. Had a few straights and sold them on....

Currently have one razor which is a timeless IT 95.

My favorite DE razor is a Parker 97R. My second choice is the Merkur 34c. Here is the Parker.

Semogue_Parker.JPG

Merkur Progress.

Every few months, I’ll start using a new razor, and convince myself it’s my new favourite. But within a few weeks, I’m back to the Progress.

Van Der Hagen TTO with a short handle. It's not possible that any other razor at any price could give me a better shave.

I enjoy my Eclipse Red Ring and Knockout razors the most. However, most of my razors are used consistently and I get amazing shaves from all of them.

PAA Ascension Twist. Have both the copper and steel version but my favorite is the copper. Only razor I've used since July. I don't have pics but here is their link.

My five DE favorites in descending order:
1) Colonial Silversmith
2) Seki AS-D2
3) Karve w/ D-OC plate
4) Barbasol w/ Floating head
5) Rex Ambassador on 4

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I like the Eclipse Red Ring, Hoffritz Slant, and the Gibbs number 16 +/-. The most important thing for me however is variety and trying new things, even if I find they are not for me. I have an Every Ready 1912 just arrived to try for the first time tonight. I will try it for a few months in my rotation and if I like it I will keep it, else I will move it on.

I like the Eclipse Red Ring, Hoffritz Slant, and the Gibbs number 16 +/-. The most important thing for me however is variety and trying new things, even if I find they are not for me. I have an Every Ready 1912 just arrived to try for the first time tonight. I will try it for a few months in my rotation and if I like it I will keep it, else I will move it on.
I have a Red Ring as well. You should enjoy your 1912, one of my favorite SE’s, although my favorite Vintage SE is my Ever Ready Streamline, followed by my favorite modern, my Blackland Vector.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff
BD509A35-FB53-4B5B-BF75-4BEBDEE28E1B.jpeg
4475B913-69DF-4485-9447-5C22E221C4FB.jpeg

Timeless bronze with either plate depending on how much grow I have. Best shave ever!

British #66 aristocrat cause it is so damn pretty!

Previous favorites that have been retired are the Feather ASD2 and the Edwin Jagger short handle with the rubberized grip which I used over all my other razors for years and I had forty classic and modern.

I have a Gillette heritage being delivered tomorrow that will likely stay in it's case since it is a Muhle/Edwin Jagger head.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My favorite unfortunately is the one you already have - the Timeless Ti 0.95 solid bar. Hard for me to use anything else these days. Others I like though are the Tatara Masamune, Colonial Silversmith and Karve C Plate, although they are all milder razors with not much blade feel. Good luck in your search!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Name your top rated DE razors...

My RAD radar is bleeping.

Pics

Ive been through a lot of them and sold them on. Had a few straights and sold them on....

Currently have one razor which is a timeless IT 95.

Where current razors are concerned, the Timeless Stainless 0.95 OC and 0.68 SB are certainly in my top DE list.

As are the Blackland Blackbird and Dart, Karve Brass B-SB, B-OC and C-SB, Ikon B1 Standard, FaTip Piccolo SE, Grande (Series 1 and 2), RazoRock Lupo, SLOC, Game Changer .68 SB and .84 SB.

If you consider SE razors, the RazoRock Black Hawk v2 has greatly impressed me and is very reasonably priced.

There's a whole list of great vintage razors, too. ;)

My 'Desert Island' razor is the Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid with a RazoRock Halo Ti handle and Kai blades.

Hope this is what you're looking for.

YMMV :)

Top Bottom