What's new

Top of the line DE razors.

The Double Ring Gillette OLD will forever be the absolute pinnacle of double edge razor design and technology, any change is a deviation from perfection. The Single Ring and ball-end OLD are adequate user grade versions that will satisfy the needs of the masses.

Yup.

How is the wunderbar? BBS in how many passes?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I love the Wunderbar and I like it more each time I use it. BBS in three passes with touch up and I mean BBS. All directions, under jawline, neck, chin and under nose all smooth when feeling ATG. All the blades I use work, but I didn't like the Feather much in the Wunderbar. Silver Star, Nacet, Polsilver, even Pesronna Lab Blue, all produced great shaves. I'm trying more too, but the razor is not blade fussy. The razor feels like a precision instrument.
Literally the smoothest and longest lasting shaves I've ever had, and I have 54 razors to choose from. The Wunderbar is so good it's hard to not use it everyday!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I love the Wunderbar and I like it more each time I use it. BBS in three passes with touch up and I mean BBS. All directions, under jawline, neck, chin and under nose all smooth when feeling ATG. All the blades I use work, but I didn't like the Feather much in the Wunderbar. Silver Star, Nacet, Polsilver, even Pesronna Lab Blue, all produced great shaves. I'm trying more too, but the razor is not blade fussy. The razor feels like a precision instrument.
Literally the smoothest and longest lasting shaves I've ever had, and I have 54 razors to choose from. The Wunderbar is so good it's hard to not use it everyday!

Very high praise! I'll have to add it to my list!

The only nice stainless I can speak on from experience is ATT. I love mine and use it all the time. I would like to add another, but if I can't I am very happy with the ATT (R2). Timeless is a little steep, but they are beautiful. Same for Charcoal Goods, which is brass. Also looking at PAA DOC Stainless, Asylum Evolution, Oristo, and Rockwell. Some of those will have to be used for me to acquire because of the cost. I tried to get an Ikon, but that didn't work out well, and it was brand new. I've never been able to get a good shave from vintage razors, though I do like them as collectibles and showpieces.

I never expected to like the Wunderbar as much as I did: I had no experience with slants, and no experience with more aggressive razors. However, after the first shave, I was blown away. No cuts, no nicks. I got something between a DFS and BBS with only two passes (WTG, ATG). Amazingly efficient, and more forgiving than people give it credit for. My technique isn't perfect, but it has yet to bite me or cut me. It feels surprisingly "mild" on the skin for me, though I don't doubt it will murder my face if I don't pay attention to the shave. This razor is the first one that gives me an irritation-free shave on my neck, even if I go for two passes there.

RR really did something right with this razor, and I hope they continue to produce them so anyone who wants to try it can get one. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in trying slants, and specifically anyone with sensitive skin, due to how efficient slants are.

Last edited:
The ASD2 kept me with wet shaving when I was going through the frustrating first few months of learning. It's so well made, so durable, so finely crafted and engineered, and delivers just such a smooth shave. All pieces line up down to the micrometer, the blade is never even a hair offset no matter how carelessly you just toss it in and clamp it down. Worth every penny, no razor can beat it IMO. And it's nice to know my solid chunk of stainless steel will last forever.

Top Bottom