What's new

Top gun shave

Hello , I’m new here just needed some help on a funny topic. I just finish watching top gun and that scene where maverick is shaving right after goose dies. I noticed he was shaving with Colgate instant. I wanted to see if anyone knows what blade he was using? I’m trying to get into vintage shaving and I’m pretty sure it was a trac II. Just want to see what you all might know. Thanks

No doubt there is a clue here ......

Out along the edges
Always where I burn to be
The further on the edge
The hotter the intensity

I’m pretty sure it was a trac II.
Perhaps, or a Schick Super II with an after market handle.
Top Gun razor2.jpg

This may or may not be OT...

I have just recently switched from electric to wet/straight razor shaving. I went to see Top Gun 3 and really noticed Tom Cruise's perpetual stubble. I guess they were trying to make him look "grizzled." Don't really want to get into my shaving history, but I am ex-military and used cartridges during that time. Since I had just switched shaving techniques I was (and somewhat still am) hypersensitive to observing beard growth/shaving level on people. I noticed that with the new closeness of wet shaving compared to my cartridge shaving days, my shave was so much tighter. It was so tight that even after a day, I had less beard growth than Tom Cruise did in the movie. No excuse for being an officer and walking around with beard growth like that. The only time he might have had a close shave in that movie is when he showed up in formal uniform for Iceman's funeral. Unprofessional, period.

Top Bottom